6 Piece Metallic Blue Houdini Wine Tool & Stand

Just don’t drink and drive, or you’ll end up needing a Houdini auto escape tool.

I just used one of these for the first time over the holidays – It’s easier to use than my normal wine.woot stamped cork screw with the little knife. However, I think for the same price you can get the electric opener which I adore using at my Aunt’s house.

Thanks everyone - your advice has been very helpful! Just bought one - the electric blue reminds me of UK Wildcat Blue.

I have a Leverpull version of this that I love. I bought some of these Houdinis during a previous wootoff for the RV, my parents, and my sister. While they aren’t as nice or as smooth operating as my more expensive, all metal Leverpull, they definitely get the job done better than an old fashioned corkscrew. Plus, the price is right for this. I just wish it had come in a smaller case rather than the bulky stand.

:HAPPY:

Well then I am set.

I forgot to mention that I think they were only around 12.99 when I bought them.

It is done with mechanical magic, you pull the handle down the worm goes into the cork, pull it up it is removed from bottle push it down again and the cork comes off the worm.
The disintegrating cork is a storage problem where the humidity was too high causing mold and rot or too low causing it to dry out. Also if the worm on your corkscrew is not a twisted wire and looks more like a large wood screw throw it away and get any proper corkscrew with a real worm (the part that goes into the cork). I prefer the simple waiter style pull but a good double armed model is great when your feeling a little drunk u u I mean weak. The nice thing about these bulky models is they are easy to find as they can’t hide in plain sight like the waiter style

Nice move KY.

Just looked in my purchase history. $18.99 each last time they were offered, back in August.

Just got mine, it looks nice…but I bought it for a gift and it comes shrink wrapped and stuck in a plain brown cardbord box. Not the greatest presentation but hopefully my Dad won’t mind!

i bought this here three years ago as an impulse buy, i just opened the box, used it to open three bottles and it broke.

You might check with Houdini on the length of the warranty. I’m looking at their site and some have long warranties. Unfortunately, this sale doesn’t list the warranty.

http://www.metrokane.com/content/faq.aspx