Wemo Mini Smart Plug

Wemo Mini Smart Plug

I’ve bought several of these at Costco and about eight of them around the house as well as two Wemo switches. They are generally fine, work well with Alexa, and within the Wemo app.

Some advanced integration has been more problematic. I really want it to play nicely with Tasker, but it’s really clunky, so the reaction time is down. IFTTT is a bit better, but has its own issues (especially if I’m already in the Tasker universe).

Finally, one drawback is that you can’t control devices on two different networks with the same account. So all of my home devices work fine on the account I set up for home. However, when I brought a plug to work for my lamp, it kept looking for my home network and, not finding it, would fail. Ended up having to set up a new account on a different phone (my work phone) so that it could find my work wi-fi and function regularly. So if you are trying to use this in more than one location, you should be aware of this limitation.

1 Like

Just wanted to confirm this is the version that works with HomeKit. The original version did not.

Most items on Clearance are from Amazon overstock and aged inventory so we don’t have a lot of information on them.

Similar item except new, comes with 2 and has better reviews for $19.99:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8W2KHZ

There’s also a $2 coupon as of this moment.

Oh, and it ALSO has IF(TTT) compatibility.

:thinking:

1 Like