Brondell Swash SE600 Bidet Seat

Brondell Swash SE600 Bidet Seat

Has anyone ever purchased one of these .?? Curious as to if they are correct I’m saying easy to install and no plumbers needed ??

it is very easy to install. You disconnect the supply line for your toilet and put in an adapter that is provided with the bidet and connect your toilet supply line to the adapter. Then mount the seat and plug it into electricity. The most tricky piece will be routing the cord to a power outlet if you don’t have one close to your toilet.

1 Like

And whatever outlet you plug it into must be on a GFCI circuit due to this being in a bathroom and close proximity to water.

1 Like

VERY easy to install. I have the same exact model minus the dryer and I absolutely love it! You will not be disappointed.

These are pretty awesome. The adapter is the only mildly challenging thing and definitely don’t need a plumber for that. The GFCI circuit might require an electrician if you don’t have an outlet handy.

1 Like

I have a different one, but they all install very similarly. There are two plastic wing nuts that you remove from the toilette. Then there’s usually a plate that goes on the toilette, then the seat slides into the plate. So that’s easy.

The ONE thing I would point out: when you get the seat, look at the water lines that come with it. When I got mine, they were 18-24 inches long. WAY too long. I ended up replacing those with MUCH shorter ones from a DIY center. Otherwise, all you need is a pipe wrench or a pair of pliers. These are very easy to install.

As others have pointed out, you REALLY need a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt (GFCI) outlet. This will trip in the case of a short, at the outlet, and not at the fuse box. These can also be very easy to install if there is already an outlet there. There are vids on Youtube to show you how.

The other potential issue is that the power cord for the seat may not be long enough to reach your outlet. Mine was not. You can either have another outlet installed, or use an extension cord. In my case, the outlet was TWO INCHES too far away, so I just got a 12-inch three-port cord.

I got mine in January. My only “complaints” are that the process takes a few minutes (wash and dry on mine is 4-5 minutes). And if the seat is heated, it will raise the seat height of your camode three-four inches. So you may want to consider that, especially if you have little ones.

Otherwise… Can’t recommend these enough.

1 Like

Best investment we’ve made. Very easy to install. Thinking about getting a few more for all the bathrooms. At this price, I’m in for at least 1 more.

1 Like

I have this model, unfortunately I paid 399 for it on Amazon a few weeks ago.

This is the best purchase I’ve made in recent memory.

Once you use it, you’ll be disgusted you ever went without it. This easily gets you “just out of the shower” clean. I’m already looking at upgrading my entire toilet to a legit combo bidet-toilet when I remodel the bathroom.

-Use plumbers tape on all the joints and you won’t have any drips.
-Pick up some terry cloth washcloths and hang them by the toilet for drying. Just stop using toilet paper altogether because there is no need for it anymore with a bidet.
-The dryer function is useless so don’t expect much from it.

I have this exact model and it’s insanely easy to do.

No need to call a plumber unless you’re physically unable to use a pair of pliers.