VANKYO Performance V600 Native 1080P LED Projector

VANKYO Performance V600 Native 1080P LED Projector

So, how bright is this, actually? The description says 6500 lux (which is not lumens), then says “up to 5000 lux.”

Which one is correct?

Looks like a case of the Keystone CRops. If that’s actually the keystone correction it provides, one better plan on not needing it.

I own the v630. The v600 has been around $200 or lower regularly on amazon. They’re practically the same thing except a better keystone correction, at least with the v630 the vertical keystone is optical and it’s manual focus, but all other components of correction are digital so don’t plan on relying on that too much unless you like weird blur. The v630 is probably about the same in image quality. I just shoot it onto a beige wall and it looks pretty good. Not pristine for that price, but good enough in bright rooms and great at night.

I know it’s hard to argue with this brightness at this price (which is it btw, 5000 or 6500?) but I wouldn’t buy anything without cornerstone in 2020.

A good review: Vankyo V600 Review: The Cheapest Native 1080p Projector At $250

Don’t ever believe the lumins in the specs… Ever.

1 Like

I recently bought a similar model from Amazon that supposedly had 7000 lumens, but the companies that market these cheap projectors just out and out make up those numbers for marketing. Fortunately, the projector I purchased also listed the ANSI lumens, which is actually a measured, objective standard, as 1000 ANSI lumens, which is the MINIMUM brightness recommended for home theater use. This projector will probably be perfectly fine in a darkened room, but it will not be bright enough for a room with a lot of ambient light.

1m

Neither. You want to look at ANSI lumens, which are almost never listed by manufacturers of cheaper projectors. ANSI lumens for this one are almost certainly under 1000. Bright enough for a dark or VERY dimly lit room. Also fine for outdoor movies at night.

Seems like some of you are saying “Vankyo, but no vanks.” For the non bleeding edge enthusiast, it it OK enough to watch a movie at night on a white sheet or white wall? Not 4K, but off an DVD or stream?

Do yourself a favor and go look at benq refurbished units directly from benq. I bought a 1080p 3200 ansi lumen projector with 2 hours on the lamp for 300 dollars and it blows a junker like this out of the water. Even if the picture quality is OK the fans in these things are loud and obnoxious.

I have this projector, and it is very good for the price. I use it to watch movies outside, and it gives a good picture on a 10 foot screen , but you need to wait until it is pretty dark. I also played some NeoGeo games on it, and did not notice any lag.

It’s 6500 lux per the specs on Amazon. I’ll get that typo updated.

It;s probably at most 1000 ANSI lumins. You definitely need as little ambient light as possible to get a good picture.