Airthereal Ozone Generators

Airthereal Ozone Generators

Just a FYI for those thinking about getting one.
At the very least, use precautions as outlined.

Ozone Generators: What Are They and Are They Safe? | Molekule Blog.

7 Likes

If These things are harmful to your health, then why are you selling them?

1 Like

A sack of potatoes can kill you if you leave it in a confined space long enough

5 Likes

A few notes on these units:
On the bottom, there is a plastic pin that sticks out. If you need to set it on a soft surface, make sure the pin doesn’t stick out (I had to set it on a vehicle armrest and it poked a hole through the cloth).

Make sure you read the instructions if you are not familiar with these types of machines. Most notably, let the space air out right after use.

A few notes on how useful they are:
Mine has been used for all sorts of things. I bought it for my side gig of car detailing. It works great to remove pet, smoke (cigar, cigarette, and MJ odors), overused air freshener, bodily waste odors, and pet odors from a lot of vehicles. It has also been used to remove the odor of a decaying corpse from a house where the person apparently passed a week prior to discovery. Friend working crime scene cleanup borrowed it and said that after about 3 cycles, they could not smell the odor anymore).

So I do recommend, just be sure to air spaces out after use, and be mindful of how the machine is designed so you don’t damage surfaces with the pins and feet sticking out of it.

8 Likes

Hmmm…Most viewpoints are fair if they don’t sell another product in the end. Yes, we’d better do some research before buying an ozone generator. It’s really effective to remove odors and kill viruses and bacteria, meanwhile it can be harmful if we do not use it properly.

See how professionals use ozone generators to aid in the fight against COVID-19: Airthereal's Ozone Generators are Aiding in the Fight Against COVID-19

6 Likes

They’re fine as long as you don’t use it in a room with people or animals, and give it some time to air out afterwards.

4 Likes

Got one of these a while back. Works great for getting rid of the funk in my room.

4 Likes

The Arithereal website states “Does not meet California requirements; cannot be shipped to California”.

The units on Amazon (sold by Airthereal) states “This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location.” when a California address is entered.

Does Woot have the same restriction?

[MOD: CA restriction added]

2 Likes

Dihydrogen monoxide is a major component of acid rain and even more dangerous than ozone yet the government doesn’t mandate any warning labels!!!

4 Likes

I think so.

Bought one of the MA5000 during a previous sale. Have used in my vehicles and my basement. Definitely has made them smell better. My basement used to have a rather musty smell to it. After doing some minor repairs and running the unit, no more must.

Only word of advice - it will take longer than 30 minutes for the ozone to dissipate. If using inside your house, I would use on a not so warm day and open windows after use. For a car, just open the doors for a few minutes after it has finished.

Would buy again for sure.

2 Likes

I was getting ready to grab my popcorn to watch this one unfold but I see it is in full swing already.

3 Likes

These are great for getting rid of skunk smell. My two dogs have been sprayed by skunks about half a dozen times in our back yard. When they get sprayed I usually don’t realize what happened until they have ran into the house and rolled all over our carpet which in turn makes the entire house smell like skunk spray.

After giving the dogs a bath in a special de-skunk shampoo, mixture of baking soda, peroxide and dawn liquid dish soap, I’ll turn the ozone machine on and set the timer for about 25 minutes. We will then leave and take a 2 hour walk. When we get home I open the windows and doors and remain outside the house for another 20 minutes or so. When we go back in the house the skunk smell is gone and it smells nice and fresh.

So yes these work great for smells. But with all tools you have to read and understand the instructions and most importantly follow the instructions.

4 Likes

Came to say the same! lol

1 Like

Only other cautionary comment I would make is to be careful if you plan to use in a vehicle…don’t do it too often, as Ozone can quickly degrade many plastics/rubber materials.

3 Likes

I purchased the yellow unit a few months back for a house that had a smoke smell. I tried everything to clean it including charcoal, vinegar, spray products, washing drapes, etc. I set this up for 90 minutes and then waited 2 hours before going back in and it worked. Read all the precautions and understand how to use it and all should be fine.

2 Likes

This is my main problem with them. They will degrade rubber products and i have a latex mattress. Otherwise they work great.

1 Like

My neighbor just had a sewage backup in his house last night. I’ve recommend he give this a try.

2 Likes

Ozone is an industrial-quality sanitizer and deodorizer. Just make sure there are no pets, plants, or people in the room while the machine is in use or for several hours afterwards, until the ozone has dropped to a safe level. Ozone itself is highly toxic to almost all known forms of life, but then, so are bleach and alcohol. That’s what makes them such effective cleaning agents.

I have been using ozone to deodorize my bathroom and bedroom for a few months now.

3 Likes