Breathable Stretch Gaiter Face Mask (2-Pack)

Breathable Stretch Gaiter Face Mask (2-Pack)

1 Like

Highly recommended. I work in construction and these are perfect for sun protection as well as COVID-19 protocols. Very comfortable and easily maintained.

Dimensions say 9 inches by 13 inches, is that laid flat dimensions or is one of those the diameter of the tube?

Hi there. Those are “lay flat” dimensions. Material is stretchy too.

DONT BUY !!!
They dont stay im place.
For me they feel like they make me feel like im choking.

I never leave reviews, just got these don’t waste your money, they are not worth the cost – and best part you cannot return them. They are very small and thin – good luck using these to protect against COVID-19. Unfortunately for me these are going in the trash and I have learned my lesson – buy from Amazon (their parent company) they have better return policies, only buy from Woot it you are not going to return.

Hi,
Sorry you were unhappy with the item, these are the same ones we normally sell on Amazon. if these are made too thick then its hard to breathe and if its made too thin then there is no cooling/ protection effect. That is why we make it with a 28-0 Gsm poly spandex stretch technology fabric so that they are breathable as well as moisture wicking.

2 Likes

Hello, sorry you are unhappy with your purchase but these are standard gaiter mask sizes, you mentioned that they are too loose and don’t stay in place and then you implied that they are too tight as well. I am not sure how you have both contradicting issues but my suggestion would be that if you feel that they dont stay in place, what you can do is bunch it up a little more over the nose which creates resistance and will allow it stay in place if you feel that it is too loose.

1 Like

I bought some brand from lowes, and they were not good, so i decided to buy from woot last time, i just want new customers to know this is the most comfortable mask there is in the market. I highly recommended these. Thanks

These are very small and do not fit over my head

The thing to know is that these gaiters stay in place if you wear them over a generic single-use surgical blue-pleated mask - and they will Double/Triple the filtering efficiency of that mask, getting surprisingly close to the N95 rating (because it seals all the edge-gaps, forcing you to breathe THRU the 3-ply mask material). I still think they shift around a little, so I’ve cut and hemmed slots for my ears, to keep them in place. They work very nicely.

1 Like

Not to be dumb, but the ad says these masks are “moisture wicking.” Doesn’t moisture go in both directions? Sure, it will wick moisture from your exhaled breath away but what’s to stop it from attracting virus containing moisture (droplets actually) into the fabric, thus making it possible to inhale?

Moisture wicking meaning that when you sweat or moisten the fabric, it will dry quicker because that type of fabric doesn’t absorb moisture the same way cotton does and it allows it to evaporate an essentially dry faster.

Don’t bother with these. I ordered a few to help ease my mind during the pandemic. I’m a prime member so I figured they would at least get here within a week. Wrong. They took a MONTH to get to my door after ordering. In that time I said screw it and ordered way better ones from amazon for a couple bucks more and they arrived writhin three days. When the woot ones finally arrived they were so thin that you have to double up on them or use a mask underneath. Use these for what they’re intended, outside sporty stuff. Useless as a face mask otherwise.

Not contradicting …
They dont stay in place which is not to say they are too loose it is actually the opposite, they are so tight they work way down while talking.

They are tight enough that on my neck that it makes me feel like I’m choking.

I cant bunch them one on my nose … because I wear glasses which is why I bought these in the first place hoping that these would be better about fogging up my glasses … they are not.

According to testing, these do nothing to protect you and everyone around you. Traditional surgicals are much better, and or something made with cotton is what you need. Do a little research and you’ll see the labs studies…

2 Likes

These types of gaiters are horrible in relation to COVID. The description declares “non-medical” for a reason.

So if you wear these due to mask requirements, you are simply taking part in safety performance art, and are not protecting anybody - not even yourself.

3 Likes

Although the CDC hasn’t yet recommended against these kinds of masks yet, research at Duke University not only indicates that neck gaiters aren’t effective, they may actually increase COVID-19 transmission.

The spandex that is typically used to make neck gaiters breathable can act like a sieve, enabling not only the escape of virus particles but also helping them to become aerosolized and spreadable. My expectation is that the CDC will soon recommend against these kinds of masks. It seems that it would be safer to assume that neck gaiters are not useful for preventing COVID-19 transmission.

They tested one gaiter style mask.

One.

1 Like