Solar Home Gutter/Fence Lights

Solar Home Gutter/Fence Lights

I was initially intrigued, but am now skeptical. Maybe someone can convience me…
First, 60 lumen of light per PACK? Does that mean each fixture throws 15 lumen? My 40W oven light bulb throws 450 lumen, and it’s…IN THE OVEN–not mounted on the roof-eve, trying to light up the yard below!
Second, is the battery replaceable, or is this a “use for a few seasons and send to the landfill” product?

1 Like

I couldnt find much additional help on their website… but if this is the same model…

1 - still not sure of the lumen count :frowning:
2 - for the batteries, I think you just have to buy the particular type of rechargeable battery they list and replace if needed. I think they look like regular AA or AAA batteries, but will be labeled appropriately.

Something else I’m unsure of is, i know Woot knows more than me lol, but unless they’re specifically packing 4 of these in a box, I think there might only be 2 actual lamps in the box (moreso based on the description from the manufacturer, it was worded in such an odd way, I keep seeing 4 but it’s related to the bulbs in each lamp). But who knows, I’m sure they will chime in and clarify.

They definitely look convenient!

It’s 4 gutter lights as shown in the first photo. :smiley:

2 Likes

Good deal, thanks for clarifying!

Anyone know if these have any way of turning them off/on? I’m assuming it’s the type that just always turn on when it gets dark enough out?

Hi there. I’m asking but we have a lot of people on vacation today so not sure when I’ll hear back.

Hello topher352!
The gutter lights have an On/Off switch. If left in the on position the lights will automatically illuminate during the night and will turn off during the day.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I bought two sets of these lights, and they are not great. I had them installed, and they showed bright the first day, and don’t work now, and one didn’t work from the beginning. I should have just went to LOWES and bought them. A lesson well learned.

Ordered one set and discovered that most of the hardware (as shown in the photo) was missing and one of the lights was DOA. Just returned it.

I haven’t gotten my hands on these, but I will say in general I’m not a fan of Touch of Eco stuff. It’s marginally better than dollar store solar in quality, but several times the price. The little solar panel simply can’t put out very much light. They are good for casting just a tiny bit of light so you aren’t in pitch black, but don’t expect more than that. Construction of most Touch of Eco stuff is just regular small-ish solar panels and plain old ordinary LEDs glued and screwed together. Nothing even remotely special to make these brighter than the solar garden lights you see all over the neighborhood.

Got the 4 pack, charged them in full sun for Two days. Only 2 out of 4 work! The other 2 do not light up at all. Will be returning for a refund since they are pretty flimsy and made entirely plastic.

Oh no! I’m really sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.

Excellent product. Highly recommended. Stays on longer than any other solar light I bought in the past!

I got these and finally installed them. I have not seen them light up yet, it has been over a week since I installed them. Looks like I wasted money on these. :frowning:

Hi there. Sorry for the problem. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.