Solar 3-in-1 Flood Light

Solar 3-in-1 Flood Light

Solar 3 in 1 flood light…Purchased 2 pack on 5/1/20, received 5/28/20. One light stopped working completely less than a month of using, The second light sporadically would work randomly, that lasted at most for 2 weeks, then just quit working. I will say that when these light worked, I very much liked the amount of light, the brightness and how the light projected out was very good. I would buy these hands down over another brand if they would have worked for a reasonable amount of time. I made a conscious decision not to contact the company and if you would read further on in this post it will explain my decision of not bothering with that procerss. Now please don’t reply telling me I should contact them and let them try to make it right. Yes I agree that that would be the right and fair thing to do. But I felt that If I called and reported individually the two other seperate purchases and different styles of lighting,Their wasn’t enough proof to show the issues I’ve come across are the company’s . But with two other types of lighting with this brand that also had problems. I noticed a pattern. And I believe that the problems are totally with the wire that they using for the lights. The wires are not durable, definitely not for outside use. where most commonly used. Railings, trees, Shrubs, Poles , pathways, Tables, Umbrellas, you name it. The wire that is used is way to thin and frail and will break. I felt at the very least an obligation to my fellow Wooters that you should be made aware of. Please read on to see my evidence that i feel suppots my opinion,

Lite up 125 LED String lights, 2Pack, ordered 4/15/20 received 5/15/20. I placed a string on each side of our walkway to the front door. I placed one strand on each side of the walkway to our front door, laying it on actual grass not the walkway. On the 2 evening, one strand didn’t work. I did do a gentle wiggle to the wiring about a foot away from the solar power source, thinking maybe the wire got loose. That didn’t do anything so I brought the strand inside where there was light to get a better look. I did see a spot where the wire had been cut . So, I say to myself Son of a Gun and a few more choice phrases. Money wasted, somehow, someway, something had cut the wire. but what had done that I have not been able to come up with any possible reasons for it to have gotten cut. To this day I have not been able to come up with a reasonable reason with how the wire broke. We had no foot traffic other than me when I set them out. The front door side of our house is all visual. The only foot traffic it has gotten was a vacuum salesperson and a person from The Latter Day Saint’s Church of Christ and they visited long before I purchased the lights. If I had broken it, it wouldn’t have worked the first night, For the 2nd strand it worked maybe 3 weeks and on night I noticed that only half of the string works, I inspected this strand and seen one of the two wires connecting to a light bulb had broken. I concluded that their was no point in contacting the company because there wasn’t any evidence that is was some sort of defect originating from the manufacturer. Also our ever so diligent, caring Woot, looking out for us Wooters’ had refunded the purchase amount on 4/25, They were in the opinion of that I would not even receive them and if maybe some day the lights appear on my doorstep, but doubtful that they will. That I was weclome to keep them complimentry on Woot for any inconvenience it caused.

Spotup triple Solar powered LED Spotlight 2 pack, ordered 4/10/20, received 4/28. bad wires/wiring. These lights are still working, but on each set one of the three lights has stopped working. On one set 1 of the 2 wires that connects to the individual light has fallen out. I haven’t figured out how to get into the housing to try and rewire it back in. No clue as to why one of three lights don’t work, I didn’t contact the company cause we didn’t have anything to substitute them with and well sometimes 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.
My conclusion.The wire used is not durable it’s thin, frail, flimsy, and on and on It does’t hold up to normal activity as simple as setting it up and is loosely connected. You will have wiring issues very soon after you use them. Don’t waste your money, All of the issue’s with these lights in my opinion could be easily spinned to favor one side or the other thus my reason for not taking it to the company. I decided my time would be more beneficial to write this up and let my fellow 'wooters know of my experiences with the three different styles of lights this company offers.

I’m sorry for the problems. Make sure you reach out to Woot Customer Service or the manufacturer depending on the warranty.

I had to take solar panel apart… Which is just phillep screw driver… And spread the spring apart on the negative side of reachable batt… Works great now… And I did this with a few Touch Of ECO. Lights.

1 Like

Well every touch of ECO string lights…edison bulb lights…walk way stainless steel… All has broblems… Shorts… Loose batteries… Or don’t stay Brite very long!!