Bowers & Wilkins PX Wireless Over-Ear Headphones

Bowers & Wilkins PX Wireless Over-Ear Headphones

Received these from Woot a few days ago. Came nicely double boxed. Inside B&W factory box had “recertified” printed on the spine, but the ‘phones and all the accessories appeared to be completely new and sealed. Full 2 year factory warranty. Still in the advised 20-30 hour break-in period, but so far the audio quality is very impressive. Not too much playing around with the rather sparse app, which is fine with me, as I think a good set of cans shouldn’t require tons of tweaking. Anyway, if you’re in the market for a top notch set, and don’t mind they are last year’s model, these are a great buy (ugh…originally $500?). Of course, there are lots of YouTube vids that discuss function, fit, brand comparisons, etc. that you’ll want to check out first.

There are no less than FIVE noise-cancelling headphones on WOot right now, of which these are the most expensive. And also potentially the best deal, though I am having a hard time figuring out exactly what they are.

The B&W website currently lists a PX5 (On-ear/$300 list) and a PX7 (Over-ear/$400 list) but no mention of “just” PX. These are listed as over-the-ear but the specs do not match up to the PX7 very well (for example the PX7 claims 43.6mm drivers vs. 40mm for these; other specs including weight and battery time don’t match up exactly either).

So I suspect either these are a cheaped-down model for web-sale only, or an old model that has been supplanted by the PX7. Either way, it’s hard to guess whether the reviews or pricing at the Mothership are really meaningful relative to what this actually is.

Curious why there was an identical listing for same price and warranty duration but in new condition compared to this one which is refurbished. Why did the seller not offer more of a discount for the refurbished units compared to the new ones?

1 Like

What is the model # so we can see what kind of deal this is?

PXGBB

Hi there. Our daily deals will always be the winning deal.
:w_happy2: