CASEPH Portable Handheld UVC Sanitizer Wand

CASEPH Portable Handheld UVC Sanitizer Wand

Does this actually work? No reviews and I am skeptical.

1 Like

Well, UV-C does work. I don’t know how effective this exact one is though.
I will say I have one I bought before COVID and it takes disposable batteries. Post COVID, I am wishing I had paid attention because the rechargability is a MUST. IMO.
Hold the light as close as possible to the item you’re disinfecting. It’s an exponential decline in efficacy.
Good luck.

1 Like

PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM! If you have bought it, promptly return it, as I will guarantee you it’s fake. There are several things that give off red flags with this device that tell me it’s completely fake, and both Amazon and Woot! should remove the product. For starters, this item only costs $44. Any LED sanitizing wand that would be of any use at all would cost MUCH more, due to the cost of materials to manufacture alone, not even accounting for labor and profit. For instance, the cost of UV-C LEDs are about $15 per diode to manufacture, and this thing has 12 of them, meaning that, even at the “full price” of $90, the company would lose money hand over fist. In short, these are definitely NOT UV-C LEDs in this thing. Second, this thing states that it only takes 10 seconds to sanitize. It would take MUCH longer, even if it did have actual UV-C-emitting LEDs; up to 30 minutes, actually. Finally, this product does not state anywhere what wavelength these supposed UV-C LEDs are operating on, so I’m guessing that bit of information has been left out on purpose, so as to avoid a lawsuit when someone actually tests the thing and find out it’s not actually emitting in the UV-C range claimed.
Anyone considering this product, please do some research on these things. Woot!, do your due diligence and remove this product, because all you’re doing is offering snake oil and false hope here.

7 Likes

Actually UV C light can work quite well held an inch from an object for 10 seconds, UV Sanitizing Light Wand

That is not to say this one works but there is many in this price range now that do read uvc in the proper levels. I realize that the current time there is many that are fake. But I might be willing to give it a buy and try and test it. I do have fun testing these things. Cost of the led lights to a mfg of them is an unknown also. Technology pricing varies quickly and lowers as it gets used. So possibly they have come down that much or the mfg has so many they need to convert to cash as people are so skeptical they don’t sell.

https://www.aliexpress.com/price/uvc-led_price.html

Again i can’t verify these work but you can get them pretty inexpensively these days.