HP 15.6" Intel 128GB Touchscreen Notebook

HP 15.6" Intel 128GB Touchscreen Notebook

Finally received mine after much anticipation and knowing how much these cheap laptops are in high demand right now. It arrived with scratches on the top cover and palm deck and the bottom cover had to be snapped back closed. It shipped without a keyboard cover so the touchscreen has scratches on it from rubbing against the keyboard. It immediately booted up into Windows recovery. After a 45 minute wait reinstalling Windows, it booted into unlocked version of Windows Home. I opened it up to double the RAM and replace the SSD and it was missing several screws for the bottom cover, fan, battery and screen hinge and everything is just creaking around inside. Luckily I work close with a small PC repair shop and can scavenge some screws. Other than that stuff, it’s bright, fast, and useful for the cheap price. Would not buy again though. The HP factory refurb crew need to re-evaluate their QA.

Yikes, I’m really sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.

Thank you to the Woot staff for offering their very accommodating return services. I’ll keep that in mind if any major factory caused issues arise with the laptop.

1 Like