Sony PlayStation 3 250GB Console - Black

Sony PlayStation 3 250GB Console - Black

1 Like

Is this the 2500 model or 3000 model?

1 Like

Hi there. We’ve pulled these from Amazon inventory so we don’t have specific information on them. Sorry.

They sent me the original “phat” model.

I ordered one and received it earlier today. Unit was very dirty and although it has been “renewed” it did not appear to be cleaned or inspected. The PS3 controller which came with the unit was broken and a Six-Axis version without rumble, strange because the PS3 model I ordered was the PS3 Super Slim version. I am disappointed the unit was shipped with very little attention to detail or cleanliness.

There also seemed to be various hairs and other unknown debris. I have begun tearing the unit open to ensure a greater amount of grossness isn’t discovered at a later date. Overall I would say I am disappointed the product was shipped in such a condition. I have reached out to their customer service department. I would not recommend ordering a unit until the condition of the console is inspected by a third party.

3 Likes

Mine was shipped with the disc slide open and all the accessories on the top sliding over the lenses. For $150 you’d think some care would be taken. I’m scared to even try to put a disc in.

3 Likes

Hi there. If there’s a problem with your PS3, please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

I received another package which came with HDMI cables, usb cable, power cable, the correct controller and a wiped PS3 super slim all nicely wrapped. The first package sent was wildly different, a unwiped PS3 console with face plates unattached, RCA cables, power cable, incorrect/broken controller and usb cable all tied with rubbers bands. Weird stuff

Update: Because I had already shipped the broken controller back to Woot.com, I now need to send the original console unit back to them as well. Woot told me I had to pay for my own return shipping in order to not be double charged. So basically I spent almost $200 on a used PS3 when they initially botched the order up in the first place.

2 Likes

Let me touch base with CS.

Too late. I went to UPS and purchased my own return shipping label after a customer service agent threatened to double charge me. After I left my statement here about paying my own return shipping cost, another customer service did reach out with a prepaid label . The prepaid label was too late and now I’ve spent $200 bucks for a used system and I am left with bad shopping experience. I wish the customer service experience treated me like a human being. Or I could’ve saved money by simply not complaining about the broken controller and poorly packaged items that weren’t cleaned or would qualify as renewed.

2 Likes

The offer for prepaid UPS shipping arrived hours after one customer service rep wrote this:

" You may either keep the original item with a charge back or return the item to avoid the additional charges. If not then we will accept the return of this item if you are ok to pay return shipping.

We understand that this situation has been frustrating but, unfortunately, we won’t be able to offer any additional help with this matter."

Wow, that is TRULY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE! (referring to " won’t be able to offer any additional help with this matter. ")

So far my experiences with CS have been good in past years, but this SCARES ME and makes me NOT BUY! I was checking forums because these PS3s were still available (or a new similar offer) and wanted to see what other people got, and the condition. If this is what NEW Woot CS is like, I’m just going to remove it from cart and move on.

GOOD condition PS3s are hard to find. so even at a relatively high price this was tempting. But high price combined with many reports of shoddy, broken condition, and poor CS, makes me just a Sad Panda.

yea, don’t buy refurbed consoles from woot. they pull them from amazon returns and their favorite excuse is ‘we don’t have eyes on them’ so there is absolutely no knowing what condition it will be in when you get it.

Honestly, I have a feeling a lot of these consoles are from people who broke their own console and decided to buy 1 from amazon and then submitted a claim and sent back their broken unit for a refund, then amazon reports how many returned items they got to woot and woot just offers them up for sale. so nobody even sees what condition they are in before they get shipped out.

1 Like