Portacool Evaporative Coolers

Portacool Evaporative Coolers

If I were to put this item and the dehumidifier (from the Home&Kitchen Page) in the same room, which one would ‘win’?

Buy one of each and let us know. :grinning:

The electric company.

2 Likes

The larger one sold out that fast? Wow, I was in for one of those. Oh, well.

These are really great for areas where the humidity is low, like 30% or less. Above that and they lose their effectiveness.

Got the cooler today, it did not work. After running the pump for half an hour with a tank full of water, the media was not wet. Opening it up to see what was wrong (I have 40 years as an engineer) I found the hose for the water was not connected to anything it was just a broken plastic fitting in the end. Further investigation I found the pump and the other half of the broken fitting. Well two hours later and visiting two hardware stores I found the fitting for $3.50 plus tax. Replacing the fitting in the water system now worked fine. The next disappointment was with the water system working the fan did not run. Taking the system apart again I gave the fan shaft span with my hand and it started up. I ran the fan for half an hour turned it off waited a few moments turn the fan back on and it is not run. After a second manual start it ran. I hope the system is not like 100-year-old car that I need to crank start every time I need to run it. I will know the answer in the next few days

I’m sorry for the problems. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Can you keep us posted? I just received mine and I’m having the exact same issue. The pump is not working. I’d rather not have to open it up and just have what I ordered be working when I get it, but looks like I’ll have to see what I can do because it’s HOT out here right now!

Buy 6, daisy chain them in a circle, and you’ll have a perpetual motion machine.