iRobot Roomba 980 Wi-Fi Robot Vac

iRobot Roomba 980 Wi-Fi Robot Vac

I run a neato, samsung 9000 series and a Deebot. And I have a iRobot Scooba… If this thing runs anything like the Scooba, wrap your furniture (legs) in bubble wrap. I wouldn’t be so critical about it but I’m on the 2nd gen of the scooba and I really think it’s got a grudge against the legs on my kitchen and dinning room table and chairs. Anything with a leg, or anything that gets in it’s way. Is open season for my iRobot brand device. Guess when it came to programming, it got the short end of the stick.

But this wouldn’t work for me. If you watch the video, the iRobot rep states it will scan up to 2000sqft. Not sure if that’s true but if thats the case, my 1st floor is over 2000sf of hardwood flooring and some area rugs. I wonder how it’s going to map homes with more floor space.

We’ve had this model for the past two years. It sucks. In a good way, like a vacuum should. We have a 671 in the basement and this unit is at least three times more powerful. The 671 seems to wander around randomly, but the 980 has a plan and sticks to it. It does a really good job - it should, we paid $700 for it. I can’t believe how much we have to empty the dirt receptacle, but I guess that means it’s doing its job.

1 Like

We paid about $1000 for our 980. Love it - but wish it didn’t need to be emptied quite so often. Of course, maybe if we ran it more often…sigh.

We have a two story, two dogs and two of these.

Full bins are signs of victory

I have a 400 series model. I had to replace the battery once, but it’s worked great all these years.

I have this exact model. I bought it years ago, so paid full price, which is a lot more than what they are selling for today. Just remember to take it apart to clean the lint and dust out every now and then, and it will keep working like new (except the battery, filter, and rollers, those do need to be replaced when they die).