Lexar Crucial 8GB DDR3 1600 SODIMM Ram

Lexar Crucial 8GB DDR3 1600 SODIMM Ram

Not sure who makes these listings but a couple things to point out here:

1. Lexar and Crucial are two separate companies. They used to both be owned by Micron Technology but Lexar was sold to a Chinese company about 3 years ago.

2. Lexar never made RAM modules. They make Flash memory, including SD cards, USB flash drives, and more recently SSDs.

3. While this product is listed as being “for Macs,” please make sure if you are buying this for a Mac products that it is the right speed for your system. Each model is going to use a particular speed and unlike PCs, they will not accept faster or even slower memory. If it originally came with 1333 MT/s memory, it WILL NOT accept this memory. If you are considering purchasing this, please check via Crucial’s website for your model, preferably by running their System Scan tool as this will be the most definitive way to determine the right parts.

4. Depsite being listed for Macs, this is also compatible with standard PC laptops. Macs, as mentioned before, are very picky and so required specific materials to be used in the manufacturing of the PCB and NAND chips, but in terms of specs they are identical to the standard parts.

5. The specs list VERY incorrect information on the voltage of these modules. They correct voltage is 1.35v/1.5v, NOT 135v/15v (that should be obvious as that kind of voltage would be INSANE, but I felt it should be pointed out). This is referred to as a dual voltage module, it will run at whichever speed the system requires but generally defaults to the lower voltage.

6. Anyone wanting to know the Crucial part number for this item, it will be CT8G3S160BM

2 Likes

Apparently they didn’t have man. Too bad, I JUST ordered 8GB of RAM to upgrade an old laptop. But it will be here in a few hours, so I think I got the better deal.