ASUS Radeon RX 580 STRIX Graphics Card

ASUS Radeon RX 580 STRIX Graphics Card

I normally don’t bash video cards because it’s always hard to apply ones issues with the rest but this is more a sting at AMD if anything else. I have a sister card of this. I got the XFX Radeon RX580. My card and THIS CARD u sing the same crappy software that AMD pushes on you so you are STUCK if you want to venture out of the box and try something else. But I’ve had the card now for over a month (past my Amazon return date) and have yet to get it to work. Granted, I run windows 7 but the software needed to take advantage of this card requires SOOOO much microsoft help, if your windows isn’t up to date, and you don’t have the right version of C++ installed, it’s not going to work. I can not for the life of me not only get the drivers working, but no dual monitor ability either. Windows just doesn’t connect. I tried a couple of times TRYING to use their support system and I knew I was in trouble when “Mark” told me, “Oh, it’s your anti virus software. Remove it, install and it’s going to work. Well, gotta go help someone else.”… WTH? So, knowing in my heart, it wasn’t MY AV software, I RELUCTANTLY uninstalled it. After running Display Driver uninstaller to get a CLEAN install, and a couple of reboots, I tried again. SAME FRIGGING ERROR. So, here I sit with a Radion RX580 card, on my desk, that I can’t get to work in my system.