Aduro Rearview Mirror Universal Clip Phone Mount

Aduro Rearview Mirror Universal Clip Phone Mount

Before you order, make sure this is legal where you drive. For example, you’re not allowed to have anything on your mirror in New York – putting this on your mirror could get you a ticket.

1 Like

Yes, as far as I know, this is illegal about everywhere in the States.

3 Likes

Not even fuzzy dice??

1 Like

State laws vary quite a bit. Some laws are pretty broad and leave discretion to the officer for any reason, some base the laws on whether it is reasonable to say that the hanging items disrupt vision, and some have few regulations. I do seem to recall PA and NY being particularly stingy but I’d look up the state specifically before deciding.

I saw a review or two saying that these did not fit the rear view mirror of a toyota avalon - unfortunately, they didn’t mention whether they were talking about a base stock mirror (like most cars have) or possibly the auto-mirror (which fancier models have and is somewhat thicker). Mine is the base and more likely to work but I’m not feeling like risking it right now so I skipped it.

Texas is one of the States with rather vague language regarding mirror hanging objects. Here’s a quote:

> While there are no laws that specifically prohibit Texas drivers from hanging objects on their rearview mirror, drivers can [stopped] and cited … for violating obstruction of view laws if the item in question is prohibiting them from seeing properly out of their windows.

I enforced traffic law in Texas for the better part of a decade. While I never issued a citation for objects hanging from the mirror, I gave many verbal warnings. Depending on who you are and where you live, it can be an excuse for an officer to make a stop.