Parrot Bebop 2 Quadcopter Drone

Parrot Bebop 2 Quadcopter Drone

I bought one from Woot ~2 years ago - great price back then. This price is OK. However, the Parrot Bebop 2 has two features that are optional (2 years ago). The follow me and GPS. The GPS feature is great - you can program a flight path and it will follow it consistently. I used it to record my car driving along a preset path for specific camera angles. But the follow me is a DISASTER. IMHO it’s a bug - check out YouTube videos and you will see examples where it locks onto trees and other vertical ‘lines’ in Follow Me mode. Parrot refused to repair even though I showed the video where drone followed, then veered off and smashed into a ‘vertical line’ in view. I noticed the follow me no longer seems to work with the latest update- camera will follow, but the drone stays motionless, hovering. Lastly, the remains of my Bebop 2 are being sold on eBay. The battery (using an expensive ‘equal cell charge’ charger) said 89% - went flying 30 ft up and the motors went dead 5 seconds later; crashed to cement driveway, breaking open battery pack. For the price it was worth the ‘lessons learned’, but given Parrot’s customer service, I would look at competitors before buying.

Just to provide my view on Parrot Customer Service. I had a Bebop 2 that I had programmed on a flight path and it flew away. Never came back. It was heartbreaking. I contacted their CS and provided them with a bunch of details and they promptly sent me a brand new drone at no additional cost. I was pretty shocked to be honest. That’s impressive customer service.

I had a lot of fun with the drone. There are some quicks, but for THIS price, it’s actually a really good deal.