VANKYO Performance V600 Native 1080P LED Projector

VANKYO Performance V600 Native 1080P LED Projector

Bought this from a recent woot! sale and got it delivered a few days ago. Set it up yesterday and WOW this is actually a pretty good projector, especially for the price ($150).

1. mine is sitting about 6.5 ft off the ground, mounted upside down and aimed at a screen that has the top about the same height, so therefore minimal keystoning.
  2. If you own(ed) a projector, you will have little trouble getting the setup to work. If not, be aware that the instructions for the menu items you can adjust are not at all complete. Dig into the menus and you will find a lot of adjustable settings for color, contrast, brightness, keystone (horizontal and vertical) sound settings, etc.
  3. while there is no zoom adjustment to the lens manually, you CAN adjust the picture size to fit your screen if the default is too wide. Menu settings are from 100 to 50%. Mine is currently at 75% to hit a 6’ diagonal space on my screen from about 10.5 feet. I will most likely go to a 100 or 120 inch screen (diagonal) shortly.
  4. as others have mentioned, unit has a ‘not too hot’ keystone capability, but if you can tweak it to be as flat on as possible, you will get a really decent picture. (for instance, my (manual pull down) screen is hanging from a bookshelf over a set of built-in cabinets. Since they are less deep than the cabinets, my screen is angled somewhat (naturally) if I pull it down below the level of the cabinets, so that compensates for some of the keystone needed.)
  5. see the linked video for some great information about set-up and capability on this unit.
  6. While I can’t attest to the actual lumen output, it is plenty bright for my room when I watch videos-- which is normally at night. Even during the day, it is not bad if the shades are pulled etc.
  7. LED bulb means 50000 hours of (rated) lamp life. Even if you only get 80% of that, that would be over 20 years at 5 hours a day!
  8. bottom line, for the price I can highly recommend this projector.
2 Likes

Thank you for the review!!

YW