SwissTek Professional HD Wi-Fi Endoscope

SwissTek Professional HD Wi-Fi Endoscope

Great Deal! Hospital tried charging me $1600!!!

5 Likes

If I wasnā€™t buying for others this time of year instead of myself, this would be great. I tried looking down a cylinder the other day with the endoscope I have only to realize that the focal length of mine is 3-10 centimeters! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And 3-10 centimeters focal length inside a cylinder was a problem why ?

I think that they are being generous with that spec. The stroke on a lawnmower engine is generally between 2-3 inches (50-75mm). Despite the claims that this thing would focus between 30-100mm. I could not focus on the piston through the spark plug hole whether the piston was at either top- or bottom-dead center. Maybe the spec it self isnā€™t so bad as is the fact that the camera sucks :slight_smile:

So not an automotive engineā€¦that helps clear things up for me. So you have THIS model and the camera sucks ?

Oh, noā€¦ Iā€™m sorry if that was the impression I gave. The camera I have sucks. I would have bought this one if I werenā€™t spending all of my money on others - what with it being Christmas and allā€¦

Donā€™t order this. Advertised as Swiss-Tex. No where at all on box, camera or instructions mentions that.

Also, the app to run it (they donā€™t tell you til you buy it) appears to contain spyware, viruses, and crashes phones. A couple people state they had to do a full restore. Not chancing that on my new phone! Total bait and switch. Bad Amazon/woot.

Hi there. Itā€™s SwissTek. But please reach out to Woot! Customer Service if youā€™re unhappy with the product.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

[quote=ā€œpamiela, post:8, topic:676579ā€]
ā€˜ā€˜appears to contain spyware, viruses, and crashes phones. A couple people state they had to do a full restore.ā€™ā€™

Pamiela could/would you please post a link to where you are getting this info fromā€¦I have searched high and low and and finding nobody saying this. As for ā€˜ā€˜Swiss Tekā€™ā€™ being found anywhere on box, instructions or Endoscopeā€¦like Pamiela ,I too can not find that anywhere . Maybe Woot can provide evidence to back up this claim so we can have some lost faith in statements they are making about the products they are selling us. Thanks to both , in advance BOZ

ps. I did get mine today and so far it is working as advertised. The instructions that came with it suck and if it wasnā€™t for Google I may have never got it to work at all If anyone need help I will be glad to try and walk you through the set up for linking the phone to the Endoscope.

Word of warning, I ordered a SwissTek endoscope in 2018 from woot and I went to use it recently. The app needed to use the endoscope is not available on iOS, I donā€™t have an Android phone so perhaps the app is still being maintained there but I doubt that. So, I now have a funny looking coiled paper weight. Iā€™m almost tempted to write my own app but that isnā€™t something one should need to do when purchasing an endoscope.

Hi there. Hereā€™s the app.

• Easy to set up and use after installing the newly designed companion APP, ā€œHD SEE.ā€

I see that one in the iPhone store. There are other endoscope apps out there as well. Just hit the googles.

1 Like