AmazonBasics 1800W Induction Cooktop Burner

AmazonBasics 1800W Induction Cooktop Burner

1 Like

What size is this? I bought one the other day that was only 8" without realizing…

2 Likes

The page on the mothership that looks to match this listing has this info:

12.99 x 2.56 x 11.42 inches
Item Weight: 5.95 pounds
Item model number: C18-RK18W01B

1 Like

Do not use cast aluminum with induction cook tops, portable or otherwise.

Woot!, please change the description, or change the laws of physics.

2 Likes

Check out this review.

PS - Amazon listing.

4 Likes

This sounds odd, but…

We have an expensive double oven range with induction cooktop. I still keep my cheap countertop unit to DRY my cast iron pot and frypan. I put it near the sink, clean the pot/pan wipe dry and set it on the portable to really dry out.

Hey, the mother-ship can do that. right? Change the laws of physics. I’ll get my coat…

I learned something from an off-Grid solar user about these compact induction units.

For off-grid use you want an inverter based model so it treads lighter on your power inverters.

Inverter-based induction models gradually ramp up their power demands based on the setting.

Without that inverter capability, they simply pulse full power on and off at differing frequencies depending on the setting - and putting a lot more demand on your DC-AC power inverters.

Similarly, this would be the advantage of using an excellent Panasonic Inverter microwave vs a run of the mill non-inverter model.

2 Likes

A 4" coil. That’s what I was looking for, thanks.

That’s the physical size of it, but not the burner size. I have two induction burners, both near identical in physical size, but one has a 10" burner and one has an 8" one, so anything larger than 8" has cold outside areas.