Zone Tech Laser Garage Parking Guide

Zone Tech Laser Garage Parking Guide

Hoping this says somewhere if it is indoor-only. I’d like to mount it on the outside wall above the garage doors and do the pinpoint-parking thing for side-by-side cars outside on the driveway. Never very satisfied with “birdhouses” for weather shielding.

With enough of these you can string together some laser traps for the kids to try and avoid!

Hi there. From the vendor, they’re not waterproof. They would probably do fine under an overhang or other covering.

Ad says no wiring required but also says it has battery backup. Why battery backup when no wiring required???

Just received and installed this. I give it a 3 out of 5.

The electronics themselves - the lasers, the motion detector, etc., get at least a 4 if not 5. The workmanship is, likewise, good, and installation went smoothly, once I figured out where to mount it.

And that’s the problem: where to mount it? Intuitively you’d think it would go right in the middle, between the two cars, and somewhat forward. However, the mechanical engineering leaves something to be desired here. You can’t spread the two beams horizontally far enough for both of them to shine in through the windshields of both cars.

All hope isn’t lost, though. If you mount the device above one car, oriented toward the other, you can spread the beams vertically. But this comes with its own problems. It’s easy enough to aim the beam at the other car. But it’s a big pain to aim the beam for the car under the device, because the car’s not there - that’s where you’ve got your ladder! So I wound up making a wild guess that turned out to be within a foot of the target, and estimated how far it needed to move in what direction. Then I backed up the car, and labeled with a bit of tape where the beam points now, and where I want it to go. Then I dragged the ladder back over, and made the adjustment. Now move the ladder and pull in the car again, and I was within an inch, so one more iteration, and I’ve finally got it.

Maybe mount some fixed mirrors to deflect the beam where you need it?