6V & 12V Multi-Purpose Battery Charger

It’d be just fine for motorcycle batteries. It apparently has a “small battery” mode intended to apply full load, and not boil smaller batteries.

And thanks, 1863650…it does appear to have a desulfation mode. Interesting that you have to pick the mode you want yourself. My Optimate figures that out for you…but at the same time, with Optimate, you have to get a separate charger for the Li-ON batteries.

Does anyone know how long the pigtail is from battery ring terminals to the coupler/connector?

I have the NOCO Genius G1100, a smaller charger that I use to trickle charge batteries.

It works well, and is sturdy and the automatic charge maintenance mode works great to maintain a battery that isn’t used often.

I have the bigger G7200 and use it to recharge the lead acid I use to charge lithium r/c batteries at the flying field. Great charger.

Mine showed up today and it’s not what they advertised. It looks like an older model, with different options than what they showed when they were selling it.

It appears to be the one in this listing - instead of having options for 12V lithium batteries and 12V repair, it’s got a bunch more options for 6V batteries (various combinations of small and cold/AGM).

So I’m pretty grumpy right now. The “repair” mode was one of the reasons I bought this, as I’ve needed to restore sulfated batteries in the past. I suppose having mor 6V options is nice, but I’d rather have the repair and lithium options they advertised. Foo.

Robin, mine just showed up also and I noticed the same thing, that this is the V1 not the V2 and is not ok to use on LifePo4 like I bought it for. Did you open the box? any chance they just didn’t change the boxes? I’ll be pretty upset if they pulled the switcharoo.

Well, I opened the box. We for sure got hosed.

I received also mine today and no lithium-ion charge mode, which means version 1.0.
I have emailed woot for exchange or refund since received product is not matched what’s being advertised.
Let see if woot will accept or fool me.
If reject, I will make dispute to my credit card company for sure.

The G3500 shipped does not match the features of the G3500 as described (the buttons and labeled function don’t match); specifically there is no “repair mode” nor can charge lithium as in description of product features.

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Please email support@woot.com with your order info and issue; CS can check into your options.

The charger is NOT as represented on the website. Woot sold me the OLD version of this Noco charger, not the NEW version as was pictured in the Woot webpage. This is mis-represetation. I am requesting a full refund, to include shipping both ways.

Well… Woot certainly dropped the ball on this one in a majorly dissatisfying manner.

I also received my chargers today. Three of them, in fact, and they are all NOT the product revision that we were presented with in the advertisement.

Same as everyone else, I have received the older version of the chargers which does not include the lithium mode or repair mode selection from the front panel.

While I suppose that I could say these units are not useless they ARE NOT WHAT I ORDERED.

In some circles, this could easily be called “bait and switch.”

Someone did not do their due diligence.

Maybe someone needs to get Technical Consumer Products in the loop as well and see where this went wrong. (As they seem to be where Amazon acquired these units.)

Needless to say, as has already been mentioned by others, I have no intention of having to pay to ship back an incorrect / misrepresented order.

I also will be opening a ticket with support to see what can be done because, while I understand that mistakes can sometimes happen, this is unacceptable and Woot needs to make it right.

Most likely needless to say at this point… I’m a wee bit miffed.

Same problem as all other buyers who have received it already. No Lithium mode charging - The Woot page clearly shows and describes Lithium charging, manufacturer’s and Amazon product pages do as well. Even if they refund the full amount, still repacking, sending back etc - what a waste of time! Several years back I had an unpleasant Woot experience, had stayed off all this time- got back with this, and bam (again) I got taken! :frowning:

Hey all. If you received a different charger, please use the Support form linked at the top of the page to contact customer support for assistance.

CS is aware of the issue. The buyer is also contacting the vendor to figure out what happened.

ThunderThighs,

Does this mean that CS is actually digging deeply into this one?

At the moment, I do have a ticket open, which FINALLY was responded to.

That being said, it’s now bounced through (at least) two of what I assume to be first tier support folks and I’m getting the rather standard:

“Oh, we’re so sorry… unfortunately, we don’t have any more items to send you.”

They provide a couple of options. One of which is full refund. As, apparently, there will be no exchanges according to what support is currently telling me.

The other… I can discuss in further detail if required. I would assume that everyone is being told basically the same stuff, but don’t want to jump the gun.

I’ve not yet committed to either as I’m waiting to see if there is a better resolution coming.

While getting a full refund back is certainly nice as far as seeing the bank account back where it should be, obviously we’ll all be without chargers.

If there are, in fact, no exchanges to be had because version 2.0 of the charger as of yet does not exist (and probably never did) in Woot stock… then we never would have received what we thought we were getting in the first place because someone pulled up the wrong data for display.

Either way… we still don’t have what was expected and would love to know what Woot can do here to either

a) compensate us for having to settle for a V1.0 set of chargers and not have to do the grunt work of getting them boxed back up and shipped out…

b) get the proper advertised product into our hands.

I had the same problem with what I received.

Hmmm…

Any further information on what happened here? or has Woot, basically, decided to go radio silent on this one?

Yes, I realize that I’m being a bit of a squeaky wheel but, Frankly, someone needs to.

I seem to remember a time when Woot went out of their way to correct a wrong… along with at least letting the community know what went wrong in the first place.

So… vendor error?
Website posting error?
Woot just flat F’d up?

Whichever it was I’m sure that everyone that ordered would love to know what actually happened.

Including myself.

On another note:

Did anyone that ordered have their situation corrected to their satisfaction with anything other than an offer for a full refund and having to ship the product back?

If so, please feel free to message me and let me know.

We can swap information.

OR… we can post it all right here.

Awaiting a response with further information before I have to keep climbing up the CS ladder.

Squeak away. You’re not the only one miffed about this. The offer stands so far at ship it all back at your own expense, and maybe get a refund back. Thus being out all of the time, postage, fuel, etc. Not to mention being without the charger you most likely NEEDED.
Or, keep the one you may or may not have a use for and receive $10 back in compensation for receiving a possibly useless device. So either you get 100% screwed for no reason at all, but are closer to being able to buy the one you need, (further by a few dollars than when you started of course, but hey that’s Woot for you.) or you get screwed a bit less, but are $29 further than ever from being able to buy the charger you need.

What Woot needs to do is actually have something in common with their parent company. Amazon should cross prime ship a new V2 G3500 charger to EVERY person who purchased one of these on Woot. Take a loss to save face. It’s the right thing to do.

Honestly Woot has such insanely bad customer service it makes Amazon look bad by being associated. Amazon is literally the polar opposite, they treat people right.

This has all just been a huge shame.

When I get screwed over I hand it to someone else. In this case, Noco. I WILL be getting that V2 at no cost. Thank god for brick and mortar stores. They still have some use yet.

Does this response look like they addressed the problem of shipping the incorrect version?

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

We are sorry that your stuff is defective! Unfortunately, we don’t have any replacements to send you. We have a couple of options available. (1)Your order is covered under a manufacturer’s warranty, and you can contact them for repair or replacement options. Your item has a 5 year warranty with the manufacturer.

(2)We can issue an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) and a prepaid return label so you can return your order for a full refund. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

Please be advised that some items, such as computers, may require a warranty transfer for the warranty to take effect. You can do this via the manufacturer’s website. Please let us know if you have any issues getting the warranty transferred.

Regards,
Kavitha S
Woot Member Services

Defective? It looks like everyone is hearing a different response from them. And BTW, it doesn’t actually have a 5 year warranty, it has a 2.5 year warranty and then they charge you 35 present of the list price plus you pay the shipping back to Noco.

I researched this charger and read the reviews on it. I was aware there was an older version, and checked Woot’s picture that showed it was the new one that has been shipping for some time at Amazon. There was no reason to believe we would be shipped a different unit from what we ordered.

If Woot would at least offer a decent discount, it would show they care about the inconvenience to the customer.

Well, it seems that they have been trying to settle the squeaky wheels on an individual basis, hoping that the rest will just let it slide or take a meager refund.

I gave them a number of options to see if they would bite.

Frankly, I think that they should provide what was promised. And Amazon COULD ship us the correct units out of their stock…

Realistically, as much as I would LOVE to see that… I’m not holding my breath on that particular option.

What I’ve been offered is $20 back on “the unit” I ordered (singular in their reply - twice)

I’ve pointed out (twice) that I didn’t order one unit. I ordered three and that discount should apply to all three.

Basically, I want $60 back. That’s half of my order because I only received half of the capability.

Woot still gets something.
I still get something. (even not exactly what I was promised.)

We both can walk away from this with somewhat of satisfactory resolution and nobody has to handle the package again.

Woot will spend more than that on double / triple handling of the products and running them back through the system.

I’ve spent WAY too much money with Woot over the past six years for them to lose that business over $60.

It should be worth more to them for customer satisfaction / retention / and general good will.

I want to see this escalated up the chain.

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Woot.Com <info@woot.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I understand your concern regarding the order #54964992.
>
> Please understand we can offer you only 10% off on the total cost of the
> item.
>
> If you are convinced with that we will issue a partial refund of $20.00.
> (or)
>
> We can issue an RMA with a prepaid return label and you can return it for
> a full refund.
>
> Please let us know how you would like to proceed.
>
> Regards,
> Navya
> Woot Member Services