Jim Beam Cast Iron Wok

Jim Beam Cast Iron Wok

1 Like

Where’s the 12" one?

1 Like

Can this be used on an electric stove or just a grill?

I mean, it’s cast iron. I figure it would work.

Some reviews and WOOT chatter, as well as the Amazon information, indicate you can use it on virtually any burner, induction burners included.

1 Like

I just received my wok last night. It is much smaller than I thought it would be. I do not know how I am going to stir-fry 16oz. of baby spinach in this thing. I can cook half that partially, the other half, all to reduce the volume, and then cook it all together, but that doubles my cooking time.

Be aware that this is a really small wok. It is really shallow. I purchased it for the weight because my other wok slides around my induction stove. This should be better except for how little food you can cook at a time… We shall see!

There is a slight chip (for lack of a better word) where the metal shines through. I will definitely have to season this again before using it.

1 Like

Got mine last week. Works great on glass flat top stove. To me it’s not small at all; made fried rice in it and made more than enough for my family of 4. In terms of size, it takes up about 1/4th of a full-sized stove top. The only thing I don’t like is that the surface is a little gritty, where my Lodge stuff is smoother. No big deal though. Overall worth it for sure.

26.5 cm is only about 10.5 inches. That’s not big enough for the one-wok meals I want to do. I ordinarily think of a wok as maybe fifteen-eighteen inches - it’s supposed to be a slanted cooking surface for tangible quantities of food