Amazon Kindle Oasis E-Reader Gold

Amazon Kindle Oasis E-Reader Gold

Leave my soldering out of this…
IT"S BETTER THAN YOURS!!!

Are these refurbished?

No, it’s new. You can see the condition under the price.

Does this have the warm light feature.

It appears this does not have the warm light. The warm light was added in the most recent gen, which is still from 2019. Reviews on that model really liked the warm light, which is one reason I decided not to get this one, though I have always wanted an Oasis.

Also since that “most recent” one was from 2019, it may be likely that a new one is coming (hence the clearance of new older models through Woot here.). Some reviews complained that it still had a micro-USB in the 2019 version (as well as the older one for sale here, of course.) The latest Kindle Fire 10" for year 2020 did move to USB-C. It seems like the consumer base really wants that now, so I would not be surprised to see a 2021 version Oasis coming soon, probably with USB-C as well as warm light and whatever other improvements they want to toss in. I decided to wait and see if anything new gets announced this Spring.

So, what’s wrong with micro USB? I guess the corollary to that question is what’s so great about USB-C?

I purchased one, but it will not let me update the the kindle, even though it is running an older version of the software. It just seems odd, but loving it anyway.

Hi there. Some older devices need the updates installed one at a time instead of the latest update directly. You might try that. Amazon’s Kindle team might be able to help you as well.