Zone Tech Car Snow Chains

Zone Tech Car Snow Chains

This makes an incredible amount of noise at any speed (you can modulate that noise by slightly changing the distances between units, spreading the harmonics). It CAN be worth that price (most recent News: Fort Worth; I-35, icing, 75-100 vehicle pile-up - the only safe thing there is get-off-the-road).

Need to add something (parachute cord works for me) to interconnect and “not lose” units that wear through the mounting strap etc (OR buy two sets); put that outside your hubcap so it doesn’t get caught up in your braking mechanism. You WILL hear the difference if you need to do an “intervention”… i.e., stop immediately or those metal studs may do a number on your quarter-panel, wheel-well, trim, etc. …

That could be because you’re not supposed to go highway speeds on snow chains. Most recommend 30mph max.

2 Likes

Excellent point. Most of my driving is about that fast, to/from work, where tires slipping on wet pavement does happen a bit (front-wheel drive, responsive engine, a bit too easy to break traction with a little too much gas). That’s where I realistically see these being most helpful (and saving the tread on my tires). And the easy-on/easy-off makes it a feasible very-short-term change…

still, tons of bad reviews with photo evidence that they’re prone to breaking and at risk of stranding drivers.

1 Like