720p Wireless Indoor IP Camera

It does wireless, but wired is better. normally you never notice packet loss on WiFi because most everything you do is TCP, but with streaming cameras video is often streamed UDP so a lost/dropped packet is really lost which can cause skipped video frames. Although, in a home environment this isn’t really a big deal.

No card included. That appears to be an add-on specifically by that 3rd party vendor, not Zmodo.

Guess it won’t work for me, since I’ve got a BlackBerry phone. :frowning:

I bought one of these recently and am very disappointed.

If you can get it consistently up on your wi-fi, the picture is pretty good. However, I bought it as a baby monitor and I’d say about 95% or more of the time, I cannot get access to it on our wi-fi network from my iPhone or iPad. It just says “Camera Offline”. I’ve tried it from various places in the house and don’t have any issues doing other wi-fi access with my mobile devices. If I reboot the camera, then I may be able to get access the first time, but after that, it’s back to being offline. So, it’s effectively useless to me as a monitor.

But, we’ve been having an issue with an animal leaving presents in our backyard so we decided to try to use the recording capabilities to catch the animal in the act and find out what it was. Putting it up against a window does not work due to the reflection from the camera itself. So, we mounted it outside (it was a nice night) and aimed it in the problem area. And night time is apparently too dark for it. It seems to have detected motion because there were recordings on the card…only they were completely black…well, until the sun came up.

It’s going in the e-waste bin for us.

You must find yourself saying that a lot.

Ouch, dude. That hurt.

Yeah, but there are some good things about it, like I can drop it on the floor without bricking it, it has excellent call quality, standard charging port, microSDHC slot, can play any mp3 file (and I have 30gb worth of those), and most of all, it has a real keyboard. If iphone had half of those things, I might’ve considered it. I don’t really use too many apps anyway, mainly just weather for my work.

Camera content: I used a “motion-sensing” app on my computer about 15 years ago. It simply used alteration of pixels in a user-specified area as a passive motion sensor and trigger for emailing pics of what was going on. It was not camera-specific; IOW, I could hook up my old video camera to it and it worked. The software was a little buggy, but hey, it was 15 years ago. There should be some nice freeware apps by now that would work like that, with any camera…

Guess again. There are BlackBerry apps that work with this camera, like this one.

Has anyone notice how much heat they generate? I also noticed mine “clicking” when setting it up - seemed odd to me.

I had them all working just fine, viewed it on my Android, Tablet and PC and then it said User Name / Password incorrect - made no sense.

Guess its time for a call to the help desk or return them.

Works fine as long as it is plug directly into the router. Not much use that way. No solutions on their web site. Calling tech support Monday.

This is not the same unit as the link on Amazon. The Amazon product includes a 16GB SD Card which this does not have.