RCA RPJ136 Home Theater Projector

RCA RPJ136 Home Theater Projector

Featuring:

Supporting 1920x1080 resolution

… in the first bullet point is deceptive as heck.

Actually, this is a lowly 800 x 480 resolution projector. yes, it acknowledges that over on the specs tab. That only means you can feed it with a 1920 x 1080 signal.

Remember that crappy little potable LCD-DVD player you had? That likely displayed this resolution on a 7-8 inch screen? This projector spreads that low resolution across a wall.

“RCA” is now a shill brand name, licensed out to the highest bidder. RCA, the company that made electronics is long gone.

So don’t be expecting a rich video experience.

6 Likes

Lumens… Lumens anyone? Has anyone seen the lumens?

No? Ohhhhh that’s right. This is a RCA’s wonder-blunders that landed them in the hot seat over lumen ratings. In case you’re wondering what this model puts out, it’s a whopping 38. Yes, I typed it correctly. 38 Lumens versus the 2,200 as advertised by RCA. Epson sued, RCA changed the packaging, and now the listing has no brightness or Output ratings.

Definitely not a bright idea, RCA.

3 Likes

I’m thinking that the deep dive into specs and quality of this item is absurd.
What exactly did you all think you were gonna get for your 40 bucks.
I can’t decide what is more lame. All of you for wasting your time criticizing this TOY, or me for wasting my time with this comment.
I spent 40 bucks for a couple of Pizzas last night. That’s likely a better use for the money.

Well I think I should comment. I picked up this refurb for my media/gym bonus room in the house. I hooked it up with a Fire stick also from woot for 19.99. So $60.00 later I can watch movies on my large empty wall, quite happy with the picture, much sharper/clearer then I expected and it truly gives me they i’m at the movies experience. Wish I’d waited for this weeks deal with the blue tooth included but no worry. My only regret is this item is refurbished, my packaging came without the included bag and was definitely opened and closed many times. My projector has a black dust mark in them middle which shows each time the picture is light there (you know those hairs and dust marks that shows at the movies on the white screen?) Woot has offered to check on a replacement for me as I really love it or offered me a discount or refund. I wish I could open it and blow it with dust remover like my DSLR but I don’t know about protectors and don’t want to wreck something so hoping for a replacement. But worth every penny and more in my un technical opinion. I feel like I’m at a mini movie, way more fun to watch my movies upstairs now.

3 Likes

$20 per pizza? Congrats, you’re richer than I. :wink:

Thank you for posting this actual review of someone who actually purchased the item and used it. This is far more useful than anything else on the site. Glad to hear it met your expectations even though it was a refurbished model.

1 Like

And there you have it! Good find! :wink:

Just an update, they are sending me another, I watched the movie Coming 2 America on the one I had, really amazingly good picture when in a darkened room and not bad in daylight if I just leave the lights in the room off while I work out to my life size videos now. Best $40.00 I’ve spent. Oh i have looked in to the law suit and it has not made it to court yet so we really don’t know what will happen with that. If this is only 38 lumens I suspect it’s due to a different type of lighting being LED anyhow, it’s plenty bright enough to play on my builders beige wall and look good.
Sample of Workout Video in daylight on builder beige wall.

1 Like

Man I wish the sale for VANKYO Burger 101 Pico Wireless Mini Projector for 139. would not of end just when I was checking at 11:59 pm it was not available. Damnit