Samsung 2.0 Channel Soundbar with Woofer

Samsung 2.0 Channel Soundbar with Woofer

Wooters – I bought one of these to add to a Samsung 32in television (UN32N5300AF), and connected it with an optical cable. Every few minutes while watching a show at a higher volume level and higher bass level, the soundbar resets itself to a lower volume level and zero bass level. This is annoying. Does anyone here know anything about this? It’s a refurbished unit and might be malfunctioning. (There’s a little paper slip in the box asking for questions to be directed to Customer Service at a dead website, so that’s no help.) Thanks – Michael

I’m just googling. Found these:

FWIW, I’ve never had luck with optical out for sound. YMMV, of course.

If you don’t figure it out, reach out to Woot! Customer Service and they’ll assist you with a return.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

Thanks so much for your prompt and personal attention!

I’ve seen the issues you reference addressed and resolved, but my issue is different. I can adjust the volume and the bass to my preference, and the sound is quite good from this little soundbar for several minutes … then the volume drops and the bass resets. That is, the maximum volume is more than enough, and the volume doesn’t increase suddenly but decreases suddenly to barely audible. It’s as though some signal sensing puts the soundbar to sleep. (I did try the suggested factory reset, to no avail.)

The television’s own speakers work as designed, so it’s not the source device.

Meanwhile, one of your cheerful Customer Service staff offered different solutions, of which returning this unit for a refund and buying a new one from Amazon seems to be the best.

I have another LG television connected to a Yamaha soundbar using an optical cable, and it works perfectly, unlike its touted Bluetooth connection. There’s comfort in a “wired” connection, especially when an Amazon Fire TV Stick and a Blu-ray disc player occupy the HDMI ports.

All best wishes from Pikes Peak!

1 Like