DeLonghi Ariete Conical Burr Electric Coffee Grinder

DeLonghi Ariete Conical Burr Electric Coffee Grinder

I always enjoy “course” ground coffee when I an studying for a final.

1 Like

I bought this during a previous Woot!

The top cover of the repository you might want to leave off (?) … Yes, it works and has some flexibility.

The main thing to know is that there isn’t a good way to “Press this button for X cups”. There are discreet “number of seconds” steps in set increments of fixed numbers of seconds (or continuous stop/start) and a grid in the manual that “helpfully” tells you “For this grind number (left button), use this number of seconds to get this number of cups/tablespoons”.

You might eventually know by repetition what the time/count is, but there isn’t anything like “choose one setting” for all grind/seconds/cups combinations. Keep a scoop handy and don’t trust the buttons if you’re looking for exact amounts.

3 Likes

The easiest/best way to avoid the hassle of these settings is to know how much coffee you need to brew first, then weigh the beans on a kitchen scale just use continuous (start/stop) mode to run 'til it’s done. Weigh everything, including your water, to get that perfect ratio!

2 Likes

You’re not wrong, just I’m guessing most people would not use the hopper on a per-grind basis.

Where these open box? Mine was clearly an open box or something… Thought they were new just one sale…

They were supposed to be new.

If you haven’t yet, please contact Woot CS. From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

The reviews seem to indicate these die pretty quickly…at $60 I’d hope for more than a few months of use

I had a DeLongi coffee grinder, that I got on clearance. I was very impressed by how much more quite it was than other brands. It might just have been that model, but it muffled the sound quite a bit.

I bought one of these off Amazon quite a nunber of years ago (3) and it’s still going strong. I tend to grind an entire bag of beans (amounting to 8-12oz) each week.

There are two minor problems with the unit, however.

1. Beans often get stuck in teh hopper at the end of the grind and you have to bank on the lid to get them loose and into the grinder.

2. Once your done, there’s this weird thing about the design – it retains maybe a full spoon of coffee inside the unit. I always have to empty it by holding it over the sink and hitting it a few times to get the grounds out.

But as I said at the outset. I’ve been using it quite a long time and it’s still working well.

Mine is several years old and still going strong with weekly use. This year will make the third year I’ve been using it.

Mine will only grind fine no matter what dial setting. Is there something I should be doing to get a better adjustment?

1 Like

Same. I’m waiting to hear back from CS about this.

Mine is already on its way back. It was not packaged well when it arrived and the box was damaged. I dont trust that any replacement wouldnt be the same.

1. If the beans are in before you change the setting, it might stay on what was there previously because the beans stick it there.

2. Are you sure you are using the grind setting to set it and not the timer? When I first got it, I actually thought the timer was the grind setting.

i use it on continuous grind. both for espresso and french press. I do this with a scale so i can get the weight i desire for my coffee. it just was not functioning. I tried changing the settings while it was running to allow for a rolling adjustment, and it still would not change

Try taking the burr out and put it back in

We have been using the Mr. Coffee burr grinder for a long time and like it. It is noisy also. It was one of the least expensive. Fresh ground every morning for about 4 years. Only had to clean it out once or twice.