Aduro Charging Stand for Apple Watch

Aduro Charging Stand for Apple Watch

Why in the world does this thing have a $50 starting price tag for what looks to be 50¢ of plastic?

3 Likes

Right? Isn’t this sort of thing illegal in other countries? I think it’s called price gouging, where they set a really high price and then market down to make it look like you’re getting a really good deal

That’s the MSRP - manufacturer’s suggested retail price. It’s what the manufacturer says their product is worth but retailers price it for what will actually sell instead. It’s a common industry practice and isn’t price gouging. That would be when there’s an unusual demand for something and retailers raise prices to maximize profit because they know people need to buy whatever it is.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

When a manufacturer gives something an msrp and never themselves (nor any other entity) sell it for that price but rather 1/2 or 1/5 or 1/20 etc then it may not be a crime but should be.
I could be wrong but seems like this realy started in Ernest many years ago with watches then went on to jewelry now branched out to lots on generic garbage.
Home shopping channels…lookin` at you

You know those watches with MSRP of $1400 but never sold more than for $99 ever
Or a bunch of knives worth $3000 but yours for $129
Frosty baby. Or frost at least
Maybe a sword for your grandchild thrown in

Or the I’m crazy eddie. I’ll sell this stereo for $9.95 why pay $150 for a Sony you have latest Sonee
Or hey our mattress store is going out of business (for the last 20yrs straight) 85% off everything.

Oh, I agree, the MSRP thing is generally ridiculous. That’s why it pays to do your research before buying.

(Again, I’m not speaking for Woot since I don’t work for them.)

FYI:
Just in case you were moving a bit too quickly on this, keep in mind that it will not accommodate the 44 mm watch. Period

Does this work for series 6 40mm?
Seems like it should of it works for 38 and 42, but…

Absolutely not true. I have this and works just fine with our series 6 44mm’s