Bluetooth Smart Watch for Android

Bluetooth Smart Watch for Android

1 Like

Can"t read instructions, no place for sim card

Hi there. I’m sorry for the problem. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like

For anyone who wants to see reviews, here is the same watch on Amazon. Yes the name is different, but according to the manufacturer SKU GM8588 and model DZ09 are the same.

Word of warning, I’d guess that 90% of the reviews look fake. Seems like a crap watch (though if you’re buying a $15 smartwatch, that’s hopefully what you expect).

2 Likes

First thing I noticed about the watch was that the back cover was broken and would not close tightly. Secondly when I scanned the QR code from the instructions Google blocked the URL and issued a non safe site warning.
I was able to connect to my phone directly by BT without the app.
I took a chance for $15 so it didn’t hurt, but I would not recommend this watch.

3 Likes

Is it 3g or 4g network capable with Sim card or only 2g?

No SIM card - this is not mobile-network capable. It will only connect to your phone via Bluetooth. As @ Wooter75927401 said, the link from the QR code (included in the instructions) takes you to a non-secure website. The app is most definitely a Chinese app that many have said will scrape your personal info from your phone. Basically, this is a open door to all the goodies on your phone.

It is a neat toy watch that will keep time but that is about it. If you want a pseudo-smart watch look at a Wyze watch. If you want a real smart watch, look at Samsung/Apple/.

I have a Wyze and it works great for the price and, thus far, trust their software. I’m looking at a Fossil though whenever I feel the need to drop a few of C-notes for a watch.

I do not recommend this at all. Take your $15 (add $5) and get a Wyze.

Bought it (because, what the hell, $15), got it, powered it up for about 10 minutes and promptly threw it away. Don’t bother… not even for $15.

1 Like

Wow, anyone throwing $15 away cause “why not” want to throw me $10?

I’ll actually donate it to a cause where over 80% goes to the cause and accomplishes something instead of wasting fossil fuels delivering this POS to your door.

I bought a watch JUST like this one 8+ years ago for around the same price. Identical features, even looks like the same UI/software. Yes, it does have a sim card slot (internal, hard to get to, need to remove back battery). Yes, it can act as a phone, and can do texting (poorly). And yes, you can connect it to a real phone, and it works for all the things they say it does… with lots of patience because the app sucks. It didn’t really do data on the sim, maybe MMS at best. The phone app was barely usable, and there are 7 or 8 basic apps on the device, and that’s all you get. (Contacts, calculator, call logs, text stuff, etc)

I used it while traveling across Europe with a EuroRail sim card. Worked well as a way for local friends to text/call to coordinate things (replying to texts was stupidly difficult). It also worked OK at being an MP3 player to a blue tooth headset. The batteries are orderable separately, and last a day or so in standby/watch mode, about 4 hours if playing MP3s.

If you’re looking for a quick burner device for travel, that stays strapped to you, and can play music? This is a great cheap option. Maybe a good option to give to a young child if you want to be able to call them but don’t want to give them a full phone. Otherwise, it’s a cheap BT connectable watch with message forwarding capabilities. More than you’d expect for $15, but nothing like what’s available as a “smart watch” these days.

34% 1 star reviews on Amazon where it sells for $16.50

Wish I had read the reviews BEFORE I bought 2 of these - wasted my money! WHAT was I thinking! Don’t waste yours.

1 Like

The “instructions” are low-contrast tiny-print and grammatically-improbable (as in “that can’t be what they meant to say, that’s wrong, what were they probably TRYING to say?”)… the watch’s apps flow poorly, and human fingers are too big. The original price was too good to be true (and it wasn’t true).

I bought one of these last fall, biggest pos ever to be tossed in the bottom drawer of the desk. Worked for about 1 day then went kaput. But what do you expect for 15 bucks

1 Like

I used the watch for 2 weeks and it was working fine. The problem is the band broke when I was taking it off and there is no way to replace the band. I wasted 15 bucks!

Hi there. If you’re within your 90-day warranty, reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like