Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier

Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier

1 Like

Damn, that flew out

Is warm mist better than cool mist? Do we have any humidifier expert wooters? (self proclaimed or otherwise)

1 Like

Yes. the difference between cold, luke warm, freezing and boiling hot mist is a thing that appears to be mainly a difference in the amount of hydrogen bonding to flannel when it affects the color of the crayons you’re using at any moment.

2 Likes

No, it’s worse than cool mist. Cool mist uses ultrasonics to produce water droplets while warm uses heat. You have a higher probability of incubating bacteria, fungi, and viruses in heated water and dispersing them throughout the room. Highly recommend cool mist to prevent microbial soup droplets in your house.

1 Like

I’ve heard if you use tap water instead of distilled in a cool mist one it spews salts all over your room. And they take a ton of water.

signed, a self-proclaimed expert

I want boiling hot mist only.

1 Like

It’s better for smaller rooms, otherwise the mist drops temps pretty quickly. Increases spread and more soothing when you breathe it in.

I owned this model and never had a problem with mold or bacteria - it even states the unit kills off most microbes at the heating element.

1 Like

Is it bad that I agree with this completely?

1 Like

This is why I detest heated toilet seat/bidet combos. There have been studies in hospitals in Japan (where they are common/standard) that concluded even with their standard cleaning, they were a breeding hotspot for bacteria. However, those two things aren’t used in the same context, at all. But I am again reminded how disgustingly filthy toilet bowl accessories can get. The more nooks and crannies = the more spaces for the yuckies to breed, especially when they’re hard to clean.

I digress. I just know I need a humidifier. I use pitcher filtered water in my diffusers.

2 Likes

Well, then the toilet seat in my dad’s pharmacy had to be the cleanest one in town. That bathroom was so damn cold. Dad said it kept people from lingering.

4 Likes