Antop R-PL-414BG Renewed UFO HDTV Antenna Grey

Antop R-PL-414BG Renewed UFO HDTV Antenna Grey

Oh yeah, I remember commenting on this item when it came around last time. First of all, TV signals have an inherent limitation. We’ll skip the annoying conversation about signal propagation. Bottom line is that no matter what any manufacturer claims about the range of their antenna, the BEST CASE scenario (you know, like living at the top of a mountain with a line of sight to the transmission tower) might give you the range claim here. Over 65 miles and it will be intermittent pixelation. This antenna IS NOT gonna get you there. It simply doesn’t have enough gain. By the way, an amplifier can only amplifies what it’s able to receive. Amplifiers don’t extend range. They only amplify what they pick up. So you’ll get a spectacular view of a crappy pixelated picture. Finally, there is NO SUCH THING as an HDTV Antenna. It’s just a name. Just an advertising gimmick. Weingard and Channel Master didn’t suddenly go to work in the design room preparing to make a new antenna for when digital tv hit the market. Radio (TV) signals still reach you in the same way as they alway have. Now, how your HDTV uses those signals has change.
That’s not even what bugs me the most. LOOK at the pictures. That 15" disc becomes GODZILLA sized in those brochure pics. It’s ridiculous and an insult to anyone with half a brain (I qualify).