Ninja SP100 6-1 Digital Air Fry Oven

Ninja SP100 6-1 Digital Air Fry Oven

1 Like

We have one of these and it is our most used kitchen appliance. It can replace an air frier, toaster oven, and works more rapidly than a standard oven for most cooking. The flip up and store is very useful also.

4 Likes

Not the thrill I was hoping for.
It is good as a convection over “fryer”, but the lack of height means bread is right out, you’re firing up the big oven.
Best to put the baking pan under the fryer basket tray, or you’re dripping directly onto the lower elements, and as the pan doesn’t like the bottom position, it sits on the element cover on one side.
And foil line the pan, of course.
And just a lot of spatter in general, wise to wipe it out ASAP after every use.
Basket-tray is a bit of a pita to clean without a dishwasher, but a Dobie does ok, I’d avoid using a steel scrubber.
It does heat up crazy fast, and the freezer section snacks you probably shouldn’t be eating anyway come out crispy (or blackened if you’re not used to it, lol)
Roasted veggies are indeed superb.
A somewhat disappointed 3 out of 5 from me.

3 Likes

I agree and support this comment. :slight_smile: Adding my experience since getting it last month from Woot. It replaces an old school toaster oven.

I use used it for mostly those freezer section items; fries, pizza rolls or chicken nugget type stuff. And it’s great for that. I don’t know about using it for other things due to the height/clearance when using the basket and tray. I was hoping to make other things in it, like baked chicken drumsticks. But the height clearance prevents my willingness to try it.

I would agree… due largely to the height clearance issue, it’s only a 3 out of 5 star. It’s basically a fast oven for fried frozen foods and some veggies. :grinning:

3 Likes

Bought it last time. Replaced my Brevil toaster oven and ninja air fryer. Big power, terrific air fryer, large basket, no clearance issues thus far. Came factory packaged with a slight blemish/dent in the top. However I had a William Sonoma cutting board that for the top perfectly. If you are considering, do it!

1 Like

Is there no concern of setting the cutting board on fire? Or scorching it? :thinking:

1 Like

Bought this, was dented and had a bunch of old grease on the inside. Did they send me the unit from the woot break room? To return I had to prove to woot not only was this used, but damaged and dirty. Shameful!

1 Like

And that’s the way the woot cookie crumbles

1 Like

I think I’m not as interested in this anymore. I’m fortunate to have an oven that heats up fast and is also convection. I didn’t realize that air frying basically means cooking up frozen foods like nuggets and pizza rolls.

I love roasted veggies and I can cook some yummy salmon in the toaster oven or regular oven.

I guess I need to watch the infomercial. Or get a different model with more clearance.

1 Like

Ordered one of these last time from Woot, threw out my old toaster upon receiving it, only to find that it was broken -guess they dont test their refirbs too well. They couldnt replace it and i had to ship it back to them, so i got stuck having to pay full price for one of these.
I agree with other posters: 3 out of 5 product. The clearance on it isnt great and makes it hard to clean/ cook actual food in.

2 Likes

Looks like a nice investment but can’t buy anything until I’m fully moved ugg

1 Like