Google Pixel 3 64 GB Pink

Google Pixel 3 64 GB Pink

If the color of the Google Pixel 3 64 GB Pink is “Not pink,” then what color is it?

That’s Google being cute. They called the color “Not Pink”. Funny. haha.

Sigh.

1 Like

is this bootloader unlocked?

Are these verizon devices or not? Can I install a different firmware? Is the developer menu available? Thank you!

The bootloader is LOCKED on these phones.

To be honest, your detailed technical questions are going right over my head. But I’m hoping the following helps in some way. “The bootloader is LOCKED on this phone.”

1 Like

Thx.

e-sim available? Thx

Hi there. You’re asking questions that are beyond our knowledge of this phone. You might do some research on your own or reach out to the Google Pixel people.

Get a SIM & add it to your Pixel phone - Pixel Phone Help

I’d say consult your carrier, as these are technically Verizon phones (as the bootloader is locked), even though they can be used on other carriers.

But. Some devices after unlock may not have an e-SIM.

Based on what @Wooter4893489589 posted above, I’m guessing it won’t work.

All clear. I did not see it from the phone. Good luck.

I need some expertise. I have a Google Pixel 2 which I love but it’s getting old. Everything works great but the battery has been slowly getting worse and worse.

I’m not ready to upgrade my plan with Verizon. If I get a new phone, I think I have to upgrade to an unlimited 5G plan and I barely use what I have now (5GB plan, an old one but it works for me). 5G isn’t even available in my area yet.

How do I buy this phone (or any phone) and change it out without involving Verizon? Is that even possible?

Your help is much appreciated!

You can’t bring your own device without upgrading your plan?

Awwww, you guys really had to go and put the 128gb model on sale after I received my 64gb? Would’ve REALLY preferred the 128gb model. :frowning: sigh.

If you already have a Verizon plan and have a nano-SIM card, you can likely just put the SIM in the new phone and it’ll work without changing phones. I’ve jumped between a few Android phones this way with no issue (LG V20, Essential, LG V40). (see this for sizes SIM card sizes: Standard, Micro and Nano explained)

Anyway, I was able to unlock the bootloader on my Pixel 3 64gb from this offer. CRITICAL STEP: I took out the Verizon SIM it came with as the VERY FIRST THING I DID, no plugging it in or anything. Then I plugged in, set up the phone just with Wifi, turned on developer options, and then was able to unlock the bootloader with no issue at all. (using any of the million “How to unlock a Pixel 3” guides online). I suspect once you turn it on with the Verizon SIM pre-installed, it is instructed to lock the bootloader.

I was able to flash the Android 12 Developer Preview 2.2 on it with no issue, which I purposely used the method that needs an unlocked bootloader (And it asked me if I wanted to re-lock the bootloader afterwards, which I said no to). It flashed fine, upgraded to Developer Preview 3 which just came out on Wednesday, and is still showing as an unlocked phone in Settings and Fastboot.

For now, I am using mine as a “Android 12 Test Device” and playing around with it, not a daily driver. I have NO IDEA-- and honestly do not want to risk it – what would happen if I put in my normal Verizon SIM now. I don’t know if the SIM it came with would make it lock, either. I’m not going to let it touch any SIM until I get a “final” Android 12 on it, at least, and I decide if I want to stay stock or not.

I take ZERO responsibility if I was just crazy lucky and this bricks anyone’s phone. :smiley: (or if this is totally normal behavior and I’m just crazy to buy a phone to not use as a phone. :wink: )

The old woot would appreciate the humor…

2 Likes

These originally came with USB-C headphones and a USB-C headphone adapter. Are these included with this phone?

1 Like

And here I thought they were being Rene Magritte: “This is not a pink phone.”

But I do agree it’s a sad attempt at humor.

Trouble is, “Not Pink” doesn’t work as wordplay because the phone’s color
(1) isn’t a fresh variation on pink,
(2) is neither hot pink nor decidedly not pink, and
(3) actually is pink.

Making a joke means putting extra spin on the ball. This was just a ball with drool on it.