Samsung 11.6" Dual-Core Chromebook (S&D)

Samsung 11.6" Dual-Core Chromebook (S&D)

WARNING - DO NOT BUY

Device went End of Life in 2018; this means no more security updates / bug fixes / etc will be released for this device. If you are looking for a Chromebook that will “just work”, this is not what you’re looking for.

If you’re looking for a Chromebook to tinker with and know what you’re doing, carry on.

Screen resolution isn’t the greatest, but is what it is at this price point.

Woot Staff: The End Of Life date should be at the top of the specs; it’s the single most important spec when buying a Chromebook ESPECIALLY considering Chrome based devices have a limited update lifetime.

Croissant

I bought a couple of these 3 years ago for a slightly lower price. My son (EE student in college at the time) converted both of them to decent Linux machines running ArchLinux and both are still running. I use one for mostly web stuff and my son uses his to play around with Linux and play some Linux based games.

Like the OP said, if you are a tinkerer these are decent machines to play with.

My fault for not Googling the model number, I guess. Thought I was picking up a serviceable used Chromebook as an extra web terminal; I falsely assumed that Woot wouldn’t be casually presenting ~10 year old, unsupported hardware as useful merchandise.

Lesson learned. Not cool, Woot. No more carefree impulse buys from me.

1 Like

Hi there. Look at the specs and features when purchasing. We try to state the update info for chromebooks. This one states:

NOTE: This Chromebook no longer receives ChromeOS updates as of July 2018