Kwikset Smart Lock Conversion Kit (Your Choice)

Kwikset Smart Lock Conversion Kit (Your Choice)

1 Like

Image labeled “Features” states the lock is ZWave Plus certified; reviews on Amazon mention Zigbee and the ability to pair with Echo Plus or SmartThings. So which is it? ZigBee or ZWave?

1 Like

From what I’ve read this is a zigbee device because it’s a amazon key edition.

2 Likes

So the only people who should buy this are folks who own an Amazon Cloud Cam Key Edition, right? And those aren’t in stock anymore so …

1 Like

If it’s ZigBee and the reviews mention it working with Echo Plus or SmartThings, then I would think it could be used with ANY ZigBee hub and wouldn’t require the Amazon Cloud Cam. I’d considered it but I have a deadbolt with a surface mounted hasp so I don’t think it’ll work for me unless I do some heavy modifications.

2 Likes

Hi there. They are Zigbee, not Z-Wave.

1 Like

Edit - the 914ZB-AMZ REQUIRES AN AMAZON HUB ACCORDING TO KWIKSET

1 Like

DOES NOT WORK WITH SMARTTHINGS!!!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I received mine a few days ago. It does work with home assistant via the zha integration.

1 Like

It seems like every day I come back to check the status of my order, there are new details that should have been present when the item was first ordered. I blame myself because woot is grimey like that but hey, live and learn.

1 Like