HP 17-BY3065ST 17" i5 Quad-Core Notebook

HP 17-BY3065ST 17" i5 Quad-Core Notebook

Has anyone bought and run games on this laptop? My nerd friends prefer AMD over Intel, but that big screen makes me wanna get it anyway. Mainly will use for medium level gaming and music production.

Vendor sent me one with a 256gb hard drive instead of the listed 128GB M.2 Solid State Drive &
1TB SATA 5400RPM Hard Drive. Still waiting on a resolution from Customer Service.

Update 6/25 - Customer Service Reps were able to work with me very quickly to make sure the vendor had the correct laptop in stock, send me a prepaid return label, and set up shipping for the corrected laptop. Thanks Woot Customer Service!

Update 6/26 - New laptop arrived with the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. I would suggest not buying this until they get their vendor sorted out.

3 Likes

I just had the same issue, by3051cl arrived instead of the correct one (by3065)

Wait…am I seeing DVD-Rom on this laptop?

It does indeed have a DVD writer, per the specs.

1 Like

Yikes, I’m really sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.

1 Like

Ugh. I just realized the same thing happened to me. I ordered this HP 17-BY3065ST but instead was shipped a HP 15-dy1076nr. I’d almost try to make due with what I have (since the person going off to school with this is leaving in under a week.) but I won’t be able to make the 1TB drive on their old machine fit the 256GB drive on this one.)