TCL Alto 8+ 2.1 Sound Bar with Subwoofer

TCL Alto 8+ 2.1 Sound Bar with Subwoofer

I have notified Woot Support about this and expect a response within 24 hours (they are pretty good about that) - I am trying to see if any other user had an issue or has any tips or tricks I can try.

I cannot get this sound bar to work with my relatively new TV (a year or two old). I have tested the device using the enclosed HDMI cable, and it seems to power up fine with all expected lights on the sound bar working as expected. But when I connect it to my TV with an HDMI cable the TV gets no signal. To make sure it was not the TV I connected a laptop to the TV using the same HDMI port and the TV accepts the signal from the laptop.

Can anybody shout out some “try this” or “have you done that?” assistance?

Thanks in advance!

I had to turn on (or was it off?) HDMI ARC for my receiver to work with my TV. Browse around various HDMI settings.

1 Like

I’ll give that a shot… thanks!

Just looked at the manual - the diagram does note “HDMI ARC” connector on the TV. I’ll need to find out which one that is on my TV.

I did connect it to the HDMI ARC, and that did allow sound to finally flow. Still no Fire TV. I’ll keep playing.

If you don’t figure it out and need to return it, reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.