Redragon K512 Shiva Backlit Membrane Gaming Keyboard

Redragon K512 Shiva Backlit Membrane Gaming Keyboard

Just got my K512 and used it for a few days. I love it. The keys are very comfortable both resting and pressing. The backlight is easily controlled by key combos without installing extra software and the dimmer function is nice (wish my mouse had a dimmer).

My only major complaint so far is that the left side ctrl+shift combo can’t work with right-side keys (yuiophkln) and I’m not sure why it was set up this way (left shift alone with a right side letter works fine, as does left control alone, but not in ctrl+shift combo). I have a primary work function that I do multiple times per day with ctrl+shift+U and it’s awkward having to use the right ctrl+shift in conjunction with a right-side letter.

Some minor annoyances: the num/caps/scroll-lock indicator lights are really bright red circles which don’t look great with the nice subtle backlight effect; the G1-G6 keys are right next to the left edge of the keyboard and it’s a bit weird feeling extra keys beyond shift/tab/caps/esc; the Windows logo key has ‘Win’ instead of the logo; the media control keys at the very top are not backlit.

Some unexpected delights: the bottom contact surfaces are rubberized to limits slip and travel on a smooth desk; the magnetic wrist rest has a pleasant texture and doesn’t detach during normal typing; the backlight has a dimmer!