Army Gear 1000 Lumen Viper Flashlights

Army Gear 1000 Lumen Viper Flashlights

I bought these the last time they came up. 1000 lumens isn’t as bright as I thought it would be, but they are significantly brighter than most flashlights. They’re fairly lightweight and seem to be durable. The head of the flashlight is focused by sliding it forward and backwards. It comes with a pair of CN 18650 3500 mAh 3.7V lithium ion batteries and a charger, which is a huge plus.

The plastic storage case it comes in is a joke. If you need something durable, go to the dollar store and buy a pencil case and transfer the foam padding into it. There’s no instructions, and having some would let you know that the light has three modes: solid beam, rapid flashing to disable would-be attackers, and an S-O-S pattern. Unfortunately only having a single on/off button, you have to cycle through all three modes. If you turn off the solid beam, the next time you turn it on you’ll get the rapid flashing, which is probably what you don’t really want. It would be better if there was a toggle switch for the modes.

The only big downside, though, is the fact that that once the LED diodes die (which may not be for a decade), the whole unit is toast and you’ll have to throw it away. As far as I can tell there is no way to disassemble the head and replace or upgrade the LEDs.

Overall, though, I’m happy with it. I keep one in the house and one in the car.

4 Likes

Sold out, but have no fear you actually saved money. There is another brand looks just like this one. Selling for $7 on the mothership for a set of 2. Use promo code OPQE22RC. Regular price is $13.99.

https://smile.amazon.com/FMU-Flashlights-Flashlight-Resistant-Emergency/dp/B0851FFXWC

1 Like

Thanks! Gonna try it out now!

1 Like

Just got mine - no batteries. The flashlight is also a little shorter, slightly different style but same basic design

1 Like