Google Pixel 4 (Factory Unlocked)

Google Pixel 4 (Factory Unlocked)

Woot! folks,
Thank you for putting up some phones with definitively unlocked bootloaders. It makes sense we’d be seeing some Pixel 4 inventory in light of the manufacturer’s recent product management decisions.

The one thing that seems to be missing is any indication of model numbers.

I know the big G is sometimes a little opaque about models but it’s important information. Are these one model or a mix of different models?

To the best of my knowledge, these are the Pixel 4 variants existing in the wild: G020M, G020I, GA01188, GA01187, GA01189, GA01191 and may have a two character region designator appended like “-US”.

Which one(s) are these?

Thanks!

Here you go. Happy shopping.

Black 64GB = GA01187-US
Orange 64GB = GA01189-US
Orange 128GB = GA01192-US

Contrary to the listing, this arrived carrier SIM-locked to Verizon, with a Verizon SIM in it. Unable to use with my T-Mobile SIM.

I’m currently trying to figure out how to get it unlocked after the dozen+ sequential pending updates complete.

What a mess.

The Verizon SIM is included. It should work with a new SIM. Did you set the APN to your carrier?

It does not work with any of my T-Mobile SIMs. As soon as I put one in it it errors and says “SIM card isn’t supported. Ask Verizon if this device can be unlocked”. I can’t edit APN because it doesn’t recognize a (valid) SIM is in the phone. Only option under Mobile Network is “Add a network”, then says to insert a SIM (even when a SIM is present). Tried with 3 different SIMs from my 3 working T-Mobile devices, all with the same result.

It’s carrier locked to Verizon and since I’m not a Verizon customer I can’t have them unlock it.

This help?

Unfortunately no, because the phone is locked to Verizon, so no matter what carrier SIM you put in, there are no mobile network settings to change.

Google Support confirmed by IMEI that this is a Verizon SIM and bootloader locked device, and they cannot unlock carrier-locked devices.

I contacted Verizon Wireless support, and they said that the device shows that it was never activated on VZW (duh) and that in order to unlock it, it needs to be activated on VZW network for 60 days before it can be unlocked.

So this product listing is fraudulent, as it clearly incorrectly states: “The bootloader is UNLOCKED on these phones. This phone is fully unlocked for both GSM and CDMA networks.”

Am I now going to be charged shipping costs to return this $400 paperweight, @ThunderThighs? Or do you have an actual unlocked Pixel 4 that can be exchanged for this locked one?

If you reach out to Woot CS, and let them know what happened, you will NOT be responsible for return costs.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

1 Like