Microsoft Surface 3 10.8" 128GB Tablet

Microsoft Surface 3 10.8" 128GB Tablet

I can’t think of a good reason to buy this. Maybe as a beater for a child?

The processor is old. Only 4gb of ram. Most machines come with 8gb now. 4 will be fine for web browsing… for now. The hard drive is real small. Granted a lot of stuff is stored in the cloud now, but the OS is going to take a good chunk of the storage. And there’s no type cover. And there’s no pen. So basically this is good for watching videos and web browsing. You won’t get any work done. You won’t play any games that require ANY sort of processing power. And if all you want to do is watch videos/browse, there are cheaper, new tablets out there. Galaxy Tab and Amazon Fire come to mind.

FWIW, In-The-Box indicates that a pen is included. I’ve now purchased two from this refurbisher. The first came with both a type cover (keyboard) and pen; the second was to include a pen only but a poorly taped box probably caused it to fall out during shipping. Given a choice, I’d personally prefer a keyboard over a pen. I agree that this model is underpowered and under-spec’d but, for us senior boomers (!) who prefer something larger than a cell phone to do basic emails, browsing, etc., while traveling – and where Android and IOS devices won’t meet certain requirements – there’s little to choose from. While I did consider a Surface Go and Pro 7, this meets my needs more than adequately and I appreciate the smaller screen than the 7 and clones.

1 Like