Plan Station Portable Standing Work Station

Plan Station Portable Standing Work Station

It would be a great power move to deploy this in your local coffee shop the next time you want to get out of the house for your remote work situation.

5 Likes

the crafter in me. says, Okay grab it.

2 Likes

PLAN STATION Portable Desk and Workstation for Worksite, Garage & Home “Simply install 2 pieces of 24” x 32" x 1/2" plywood (not included)" overlooked the obvious.

5 Likes

Pre computer retro laptop is a better description for this one

No laptop and scissors on the plane. Takes me back to the 70’s.

Amazing Portable desk (desk not included)

3 Likes

Jokes aside, has anyone ever used one of these? I am also setting up temp staging areas in the back of my truck. Would be nice to move that, but this cannot be that sturdy without a flat background. How practical is that really? This feels like a great idea on paper, but out in the real world is worthless. Any real feedback would be appreciated.

I have one of these, and like it. You need to install 2 pieces of 1/2" plywood 2’x4’ (I think) to make it rigid. The hangers are sized for 16" stud spacing; just drive nails, and hang it up. It’s handy to keep organized during a project, and has some nice features. You could probably rig up a way to support it from a truck bed, I suppose. It folds up and you can move it, but it doesn’t zip shut completely (it has a velcro closure and a handle, but I’ve never used either, not sure how sturdy it is). But the plywood makes it a little heavy and unwieldy.
Btw, it’s easy to tear the fabric putting in the plywood. I cut mine a little small, then broke all the edges and rounded the corners with a rasp. No issues.

2 Likes

The dowels hold up the back nicely, and let you use it almost anywhere it’ll fit. The two pieces of plywood do give good support for writing on the desk surface. It would be nice to get something as durable/flat but not as heavy, 'cause yeah, carrying half a 4x8 sheet of plywood WILL wear you out over any distance. I still went for another one, my wife has been wanting mine for the longest time (since I put in the dowels)…

1 Like

Tempered Hardboard. is what I’m going to be using. mine doesn’t need to go anywhere.