8-Bit Vintners Player 1 - Four Pack

When it comes to glass, there are quite a few options. For cost reasons and the overall decrease in shipping weight, I went with a lighter weight glass bottle

Seriously? It’s 2010. Stelvin closures have been growing in popularity across the world for at least 15 years now, especially in the high-end segment of the market.

They’re a million times better than the foam/poly artificial corks that winemakers are using to disguise the fact that there’s nothing natural in their closures.

Time to get with the current decade.

no Virginia sales? Really?

Good luck Mike hope you sell a ton of it! I’ll throw a shout-out on FB for you.

wow you’re right, i’m not a cabernet franc person so i didnt even bother checking.

Oh well!

Sorry. Trust me, I think it sucks too. But for some of us small guys, the cost of shipping to some states(state license fees) makes it very difficult to justify

Thanks so much!

Personal preference… oh, and the MadDog and T-Bird thang…

What’s your goal between blending three vastly different regions’ varietals and what was the end result? It’s an interesting blend, to be sure.

So you really have no reason behind your opinion and posted it, not to add to the conversation but just to troll?

I wanted to make the wine as easy and accesible as possible. One of those tough decisions I had to make was using screwcaps, but for what I was trying to accomplish, I ultimately felt like they offered the best solution. Thank goodness there are so many other wines with corks for you though.

Here is a nice article from gamepro. Link

Found this interesting interview about this wine.

I spent a week in Walla Walla a few years ago, and got a tour of the school there. It was such a great place (both the town, and the school), it made me think about dropping my “high-tech” job and starting a new course of study (from the roots up).

How will this differ from a traditional Aussie GSM Blend? I’m just trying to get a reference point.

Thanks

Yeah, I’m curious too :slight_smile:

2 reasons:

1- For my budget, it was the only fruit I could afford and that was still available

2-It was the blend that ultimately tasted the best (isnt that what this is all about anyway)

I love GSM’s. I think the fruit is definitely there, but what I love about the '07 Player 1 is the acidity. Especially considering the warm vintage

I’ve actually heard that many wineries are starting to use them as they offer certain advantages over corks (natural and synthetic).

I so badly want to be in for one simply for the label,but I have to much wine as it is and no one to drink it with.

I really appreciate your veracity. Can you compare it to another blend? I am not very familiar with Washington wines in general and this blend is boggling my mind. :happy:

There is a lot of great research available for both sides of the argument. For me, as I mentioned earlier, it was more appropriate for what I was trying to do. I still love popping a cork on a great bottle though.