8 Zone Intelligent WiFi Sprinkler Controller

Keep in mind people, some areas offer water rebates. In my area they give $100 back for using a smart device like this one. You basically could get it for free. I just installed mine a week ago and love it. I got my first email this morning saying it rained yesterday so it was skipping my schedule this morning.

Yes

yes

Does anyone know if this comes with the enclosure so that it can be placed outdoors?

No, it does not come with an enclosure. You will have to buy that separately. I got a Orbit 57095 but it is not a perfect fit… the holes do not line up properly, bit I managed to get it to work.

I got the 16 zone version of this new from Home Depot for $109.99 not very long ago. I only needed 4 zones but for that price it was worth it. And yeah a lot of places have rebates for these systems, so definitely check it out. Aside from the blinky thing to program it to connect to your WiFi (I had to do it a few times before it worked), it is awesome! I love that it shuts off when it rains and how I can see and control it from my phone.

Thank you! I’m rebuilding my system to pull from a tank and need to use a pump relay.

I wouldn’t think so, since it’s always advertised as an extra. For some reason, the second generation enclosure on Amazon is $30 and the first generation enclosure is $65.

There are other, less expensive, options which will work with some modification such as: https://www.amazon.com/Orbit-57095-Weather-Resistant-Outdoor-Mounted-Controller/dp/B000VYGMF2/ref=cm_cr_dp_asin_lnk

If you’re lucky, your current enclosure may work.

On the other hand, since you can operate it from your cell phone, having it outside, close to your sprinklers, isn’t as much of an issue. Hopefully running the control wires to a protected location won’t be too difficult.

Does this require an account with Rachio before you can access the features?

I got one late last year/early this year from Woot. I was trying to install it on a weekend and having trouble with the rain sensor wires. After sending an email to Rachio cutomer support, I received a phone call on a Sunday afternoon! After several pictures emailed to them and working with the tech team their, we got it working. No issues since, the latest update of the app gives you so much control of the system. I wish I had another sprinkler system just so I could get another unit!

Does this Gen 1 version work with Alexa.
Don’t find it stated in the description.

For people in SoCal wondering about the rebate:
“Products purchased through Amazon or eBay may qualify, if it can be confirmed that the product is being sold new. If you purchased a new product through one of these websites, you must include the paid invoice with the condition clearly stated. If the condition indicates the product is anything other than new, the product will be considered ineligible for a rebate.”

Not sure if refurbished would be considered new.

Buy this one and a new one from Amazon prime. Return Amazon. Keep recceipt. Turn into water District.

Just heard back from the vendor. Yes, Gen 1 works with Alexa.

Happy Wooting!

Thanks a lot for the info.
I just ordered mine on Woot!