Blink XT2 Outdoor/Indoor Security Camera

Blink XT2 Outdoor/Indoor Security Camera

Benefit here would be the cloud storage in order to be grandfathered for the set.

New Outdoor add on was about the same as a pre Prime Day deal. So that’s not worth it especially as used XT2 has been offered new on here for the same price.

I love my XT2 and only 1 camera has completely died in 2 years out of 8 total units I have. If more die I’ll get the new Outdoor to replace them as the system is amazing.

Does this has any sort of integration with Ring (considering they’re both Amazon companies)?

No there is no integration, (& likely none planned) but the ring product $$ has been lowered on previous year models. No sense in having two brands in one household.

Overall I like my blink, 6 cameras and my oldest “outdoor” is 4 years now. The all work fantastic

If you buy these with the cloud being grandfathered and then buy additional new units, will the new units also be grandfathered by association?

Get one if you want, it’s a good deal and the same camera as the newer one. The only difference is the newer one has local storage possible and the older one (this one) has only cloud storage. Spec wise exactly the same. In fact, most consumer ratings rate the xt2 higher.
In regards to free cloud storage, it is solely based on when you registered cloud account. 4/15/20 is cutoff date. So any cameras added to an account dated before then should have free cloud.

1 Like

You will no doubt read about it in the headlines a few months from now how your video is being shared with local authorities while testing facial recognition updates. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks like a decent deal if you ALREADY have a Blink account established before 4/15/2020. Alas, I do not and am not interestedi paying for a monthly subscription.

If I buy the 2 camera kit as a new customer do I get the 7200 free cloud storage without subscription?

1 Like

Cloud storage questions

Here’s the information from the link in the features:

I’m having rouble figuring out if this set comes with the module 2, and if it will record on usb. I’m reading the description, but it’s somewhat ambiguous. If anyone knows for sure, reply would be much appreciated!

Sync module is included with the systems:

I believe these are add-on cameras. You need to have the base unit included with the stand-alone system.

We are selling both complete systems (2- or 3-camera) and add-on cameras.

No. The grandfathering works one of two ways: Only for the older devices if purchased at any time, or for all devices attached to the account if it was created prior to April 15, 2020.

In other words, if you don’t have an existing account, only the XT2 or older units would get free storage.

Even if you don’t have an existing account, the older cameras still get free storage.

Having an older account (established before April 15, 2020) only comes into play if you add new cameras. See the Woot Staff reply for more details.

The kits come with the original Sync Module, not the Sync Module 2.

You wouldn’t benefit from the Sync Module 2 with only older cameras, anyway, as the USB storage only works with newer cameras. It really isn’t much of an issue, however, as the older cameras are grandfathered into free storage. See the Woot Staff response for more details.

I know this will sound like a stupid question, however can somebody please tell me how I can view what the camera is seeing? Or do I need to buy in order to see what the camera is seeing and to utilize the two-way intercom system?

These cameras were a huge disappointment in quality of picture to me. I bought these a few months back. I returned them. Comparing the video quality at night to what you get using a Samsung Smartcam through a window with it’s night vision off and a separate light source (floodlight), or against a Eufy floodlight cam, these Blinks are just awful. The daylight pic quality is just ok. That being said, Woot customer service is great, and I am thinking about getting these again just for separate garage buildings simply because of there stated weather tolerance. Better than nothing. Be warned though…between the poor quality video and the warnings that you will lose cloud access for too many activations (husband walking across yard to do daily activities), this is NOT a bargain. These cameras would be disappointing at anything more than $10 each.

I think the picture quality is pretty good in the daytime. Perhaps the Samsung has better night visibility, not sure what you are using them for. Here is the live shot of my driveway.