Apple 12.9" iPad Pro 2 (2017) Your Choice (S&D)

Apple 12.9" iPad Pro 2 (2017) Your Choice (S&D)

i do not want any scratches and dings on the screen, is it guaranteed?

I would say no…

“Hey, you there! These items are expected to have a moderate level of wear & tear including (but not limited to) scratches, dents, and dings. Outside of their physical appearance, they have been tested to be in full working condition.”

1 Like

I am sorry, do you mean scratches will be on the screen as well?

It means that they can’t guarantee that there will not be scratches on the screen.

If the unit isn’t what you expect, you can always contact Woot!’s customer service and make arrangements for a return, refund or replacement, depending on their stock situation.

Sometimes people get units with no scratched screens, sometimes lightly scratched and sometimes deeply scratched. They wouldn’t be able to open a package just to examine the screen condition for you, and usually they’re being shipped directly from the vendor who did the refurbishment.

If you’re truly concerned about scratches on the screen, buying a “scratch and dent” unit is probably not something you should do. Wait and see if “new” units end up being sold, or “like new” units.

2 Likes

“Hey, you there!” You want new or a “Grade B - Scratch & Dent” “Refurbished” Item as sold on Woot?
They state in color:

They are clearly stating it is not limited to scratches and dents. There may be other signs of “moderate wear & tear.” Luck of the draw if there are scratches on screen. YMMV.

2 Likes

The important note here is that these have " [90 Day Woot Limited Warranty]"(Woot.com LLC Limited Warranty) which also means they are not refurbished by Apple. But since they are S&D that is to be expected. Apple refurbished are almost always in like-new condition, with 1 yr warranty, but cost a lot more.

I’ve had some good luck with this type of refurb, but also some bad ones. An S&D MacBook looked like it had been dropped on the corner of the screen and entire case around screen was deformed and almost mangling the screen itself, but somehow the screen wasn’t cracked. However it was pretty obviously the big-D in “Dent.” There were other visible signs of use and damage too. Fortunately, Woot CS arranged for return with no problems.

This is what taught me that at the bottom end, Scratch and Dent may actually mean really S&D.