Google Pixel 3 (Fully Unlocked) (S&D)

Google Pixel 3 (Fully Unlocked) (S&D)

2 Likes

Hey Woot.

It would be nice to know if the bootloader is unlocked or unlockable.

Thanks.

1 Like

Should be unlockable.

Does anyone know which if any of these devices have astrophotography mode?

Pixel 3 and later have astrophotography mode. You have to use a tripod, or rest the phone on a stable surface. When you do so, the phone will automatically enter astrophotography mode (it senses any movement of the phone, which will cancel the AP mode). I have a Pixel 3 and Pixel 4, both do the AP mode very well.

Are these refurbished with new replaced batteries?

No, the existing battery condition is tested.

There appears to be a version of LineageOS for the Pixel 3.
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/blueline

Please clarify if this is the Verizon version of the phone. I foolishly bought the Verizon one assuming the bootloader would be unlockable. It is not. You can’t root the phone or load another OS.

Woot, please clarify that this is NOT the Verizon version.

5 Likes

Since these have no mem card slots, they are worthless IMO. Why anyone would get a phone much less one to take pictures wouldn’t want a card slot for a micro sd card. Just sayin. Rooting is ok if you like to load custom roms, but rather have a card slot and/a removable battery.

4 Likes

I mean they stated that the phone will work for all major carriers AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile. If you look at the link they provided here. Then there is only one option available which includes all of those carriers and that is the fully unlocked version. As the GSM and CDMA categories on their own do not contain all of the major US carriers.

That being said it has to be inferred (which is not great) and they could have just listed the model designation for the phones they have in the listing. It would be nice to know the actual model number to cross check what bands the phone actually is capable of picking up.

3 Likes

Not going to lie but this could be a far better IPod to me at this price. I’m tempted to buy this just to use for a music and podcast player in my car as 64gb is more than enough to fit lots of that stuff on it. Or just load it up with stupid games to keep your kids busy on car trips.

Just because its a phone doesn’t mean that’s all it has to be

4 Likes

I’d love a MicroSD slot and a replaceable battery, but if you’ve got a cellular or Wifi connection or a USB cable you can get files off these phones pretty directly. Useless seems like a pretty severe judgement.

3 Likes

Do buyers need to pay for return shipping if not satisfied with these scratch and dent phones? Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi, here’s our return policy. You may return most purchases within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. If the item being returned is not damaged or defective, we’ll deduct the prepaid cost of return shipping from the refund. Once the item is received by Woot!, the refund will be applied:

3 Likes

That doesn’t really answer the question. These are damaged when they are shipped out to us. Note that they are Scratch and Dent.

1 Like

@Wootstaff, please specify the model number for these Pixel 3 phones. It is very important to me that I know if these are capable of having an unlocked bootloader.

5 Likes

I know it’s late, but here are two photos I took with my phone in astrophotography mode. You do have to have a tripod or platform for it.

12 Likes

Unlocked for a carrier is not the same as bootloader unlocked. The Verizon version of the phone will work with any carrier in the US, however the bootloader is locked, and the phone cannot be rooted. I own one. I know this. In fact you can see this on the listing for the new phone that’s being sold right now. They straight up say that it’s the Verizon version, and they state that the bootloader is locked and cannot be unlocked

8 Likes

So, is the bootloader unlockable or not? I sure hope so, that’s why I bought this. If not it’s going straight back to Woot. They really need to be more consise in the description of the device. As in a big bright box at the top of the description information, that says"Unlockable bootloader"I mean C’mon Woot!

2 Likes